Sour Crop CURED with Monistat

Pics
Did it take all of the pieces? I'm trying that right now and can't tell a difference after the first 2 pieces. Did you continue to vomit the chicken or just go with the monistat? Thanks for the info in advance!

Did it take all of the pieces? I'm trying that right now and can't tell a difference after the first 2 pieces. Did you continue to vomit the chicken or just go with the monistat? Thanks for the info in advance!
Can you take your chicken to a vet?

-Kathy

No chicken vets around here. Last time I took a hen with an impacted crop to the only vet that would treat her they gave us medicine (didn't work), then did surgery to the best of their regular vet ability and we had to put her down anyway (after $300+ bill). They told us up front they didn't know much about chickens. This is a 7+ year old hen. She's had a good life. I hope I can help her, but we're not going the vet route again.

It sure is worth a try. I can't tell how much your Turkey weighs, But the 1/3 worked on my 8-10 lb light sussex. If much bigger, I would suggest 1/2.

It sure is worth a try. I can't tell how much your Turkey weighs, But the 1/3 worked on my 8-10 lb light sussex. If much bigger, I would suggest 1/2.
Awesome. Giving it a shot. She's being her usual self, but I'd like to get rid of it before it does become a major problem.

@puddinbabe
 , what does her poop look like?

-Kathy

This is what it looks like most of the time. Very watery, very little actual digested material. She hasn't eaten hardly any solid food in more than 10 days.

Last edited:
She's a hen. She hasn't been wormed recently. I've got Ivermectin pour-on for cattle (I put a few drops on her neck) and Wazine that goes in the water. Could worms make her hold liquid in her crop? I can worm her tonight with the Ivermectin if you think it will help.

Annie

Back
Top Bottom