Sour Crop :( is she healing?

Thanks SO much!!! I will get Monistat tomorrow. It sounds just like my chicken. I have done the vomit thing, literally because it was all ready pouring out, so I held her as upside down as I could. So far, so good 😬
Keep me updated!! Praying she pulls through! ♥️ I am happy to to share info!

Thanks SO much!!! I will get Monistat tomorrow. It sounds just like my chicken. I have done the vomit thing, literally because it was all ready pouring out, so I held her as upside down as I could. So far, so good 😬
forgot to mention, she wasn’t eating the Greek yogurt at all, so we switched out the ACV in her water to just chicken probiotic powder that you can add to their water. We have been putting some in the whole flocks water to regulate the good bacteria :) not sure if that made a difference but just wanted to mention it!

When you regurgitate a chicken for sour crop the most important thing is that you only tilt her upside down for a short amount of time (5-7 seconds) and then raise her again and let her swallow and breathe. I have done it on my neighbour’s chicken and I stood whilst holding her in my left arm, wedged my (gloved) left pointer finger between her beak and used my left thumb to brace her head, then tilted her forward and used my right hand to massage the contents of the crop out of her. It was horrific the stuff that came out of her.

I think the regurgitation is a good last resort strategy if the crop is not clearing through natural or medical treatments or if it is so full that it’s coming out anyway.

Some people also do epsom salt flushes but that involves tubing the solution directly into their crop which is a whole other level of intense the first time you do it.

The anti-fungal cream/pessaries are excellent if natural remedies aren’t working, just make sure you do the complete treatment twice a day for a week.

When you regurgitate a chicken for sour crop the most important thing is that you only tilt her upside down for a short amount of time (5-7 seconds) and then raise her again and let her swallow and breathe. I have done it on my neighbour’s chicken and I stood whilst holding her in my left arm, wedged my (gloved) left pointer finger between her beak and used my left thumb to brace her head, then tilted her forward and used my right hand to massage the contents of the crop out of her. It was horrific the stuff that came out of her.

I think the regurgitation is a good last resort strategy if the crop is not clearing through natural or medical treatments or if it is so full that it’s coming out anyway.

Some people also do epsom salt flushes but that involves tubing the solution directly into their crop which is a whole other level of intense the first time you do it.

The anti-fungal cream/pessaries are excellent if natural remedies aren’t working, just make sure you do the complete treatment twice a day for a week.
Thanks for the info!!! ♥️

Back
Top Bottom