Sourdough Bread—It's Easy!

Quote:
You're welcome!

Quote:
We never fail, we always learn.

Quote:
Head up the mountain for about 4 miles and turn...did I mention it's mudseason?
smile.png

truck.jpg

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words and have fun!

smile.png

You did mention mud season but how in the thunder do you get out of places like that. I remember places we lived like that and had too have the John Deere too pull us out!!! Very deep mud

Quote:
Nothing Runs like a Deere! In the early days of developing the homestead my road was much worse, I've done a lot of work. Those were the days that it would often take a skidder instead of the JD to get unstuck. All our supplies were pulled in on a trailer with the skidder. I was younger then...
smile.png

Now, I don't usually drive on the road during the worse times, it wrecks havoc on my aging bones!

You have inspired me. I think I'm going to have to try this.
My mom used to bake home made bread when I was a kid.

I LOVED walking in to that smell when I came home from school. It always meant a great family night. We would eat a whole loaf at dinner that evening.

mmmmmm

1 question.. What's the difference between "spring" flour and regular flour?

my starter is kinda just sitting there. No bubbles but seems too have liquid on top in the morning when I check it again. Now it has only been 2 days but I thought it would have started something by now. FRUGAL do you think I just need too be patient and wait longer.

Quote:
Patience is the first step.
smile.png

You need to stir it daily and let it keep working a few more days. It takes different amounts of time depending on the bacteria in the grapes, your location, etc.

Back
Top Bottom