Southern California Chicken Swap Anyone????????

Anything over 50 people will require a permit for a fee, port a potty rentals and large deposits per each 150 people. There are required health and safety standards for parks and recreation.
Also you may have to adjust dates depending on the location's availability, they may already have others being permitted. You may want to find a place willing to accept chickens first (this was difficult for me) and what their available dates are, then arrange the date for us.

You don't want to advertise or you will go well beyond the 50 people (we nearly did without advertising) and you can be thrown out if the permit doesn't cover it or there is not enough port a potties or clean up deposits and rental fees (if anyone is policing the park).
Also when getting the permit you will want to say it is a private event - not open to the public - or you will run into the same issues of required port a potties, fees, deposits etc.... unless you rent a pre-existing area set up for those things, but that is somewhat expensive.

If you know the park and know it isn't monitored well or the rangers just won't care, you likely won't have a problem. Otherwise, I would make sure you are prepared so it won't get shut down- especially with people driving long distances to be there.

Last edited:
Quote:
Tigerlily---THANK YOU for your info! I am still in the process of getting that info. I was hopeing some one would come forward with an offer of their own property..
smile.png

Hi, I just managed to sign on for the first time. I'm in LA CA. I have been looking for a couple of BCM. So if you have any little girls, I'd love to get a couple. Let me know.

Last edited:
Is anyone going to Seaside Feather Fancier's on April 9th? Wanting to purchase some Black Australorps or other friendly brown egg layers. Going to have to rid of three Cuckoo Maran cockerels. They are just over three months. Also, will they be selling any mini coops at the show? Trying to set up my parent's house with a few hens. Mainly, just trying to decide if it will be worth going to this show or try to get in on the chicken swap... Thanks.

what's seaside feather fanciers...?? link...? info...¿

i breed OEGB some show, some pet quality... but i don't think they'll be feathered up by the time this happens... some just hatched last week... i might have some eggs to trade, and i'd be interested in some eggs... really don't care what they are, but i am looking for some good egg layers... like light brahmas, light sussex, columbian wyandottes, or blue and lavender egg layers...

also looking for a serama hen...

and i didn't know you're doing so much work sue... kudos to you for your efforts...

HELLO ALL! Whos ready for a meet-up / swap / funday~playday with yer chickens!
The first [of hopefully more to come] meet-up of us Southern CA / IE BYCers that want to smooze with like minded BYCers;
IS GONNA BE AT NEIL SNIPES PARK in Norco, ~~~SATURDAY DATES OPEN ARE: APRIL 9TH OR 23RD OR 30TH~~~
PLEASE PM ME WITH WHAT DATE WILL WORK FOR YOU SO WE CAN NAIL DOWN ONE DATE. This park is chicken friendly too! Mucho details to follow....just wanted to get this out ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom