Southern Man Almost Brought To His Knees, By A Chicken!

JP33

Songster
10 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Southeast, Louisiana
The weather was so nice yesterday, in fact I would say "perfect". Chickens were in their run, so I let the dogs out.

Unbeknownst to me, Goldy, my favorite little, sweetest hen in the entire world/planet/no, universe learned to squeeze through into the outer fenced yard area and was "out".

My normally beloved doggies, then vile creatures from the spawn of satan, decided to corner her and hence remove about 30-40 of her tail feathers.

I was able to run in and rescue my little princess from the clutches of death. She looked a little stunned more than anything and actually was not injured, no bleeding wounds, just a loss of feathers.

After berating the dogs, with Goldy under my arm like a carry bag, I put the dogs up and entered the main run toting Goldy. I threw out some scratch and they all enjoyed, along with Goldy.

Weird thing is, Goldy was acting as if nothing happened and now I think I may need to see a psychiatrist.

Anyone have one they can recommend?

I have a real problem. I believe I am in love with a chicken!

...JP
idunno.gif
wink.png

lau.gif

Aren't they just adorable!? I know what you mean. I LOVE my chickies too and fuss over them way too much I am sure. I read your post expecting a more physical to your knees...like the one I had the other day when I was running interference between my two roos who were doing a little chasing of their own. I guess I got in the way of my own feet and down I went on one knee and splayed outstretched on my elbow in the muddy wet ground. Of course my first thought was "I hope no one saw that" and looked over my shoulder to see all my chickens staring at me!!!! They werent laughing but they sure made me laugh.

yuckyuck.gif

You should meet my neighbor and my Dora.
ry%3D400
(Dora)

But welcome to the insanity!
thumbsup.gif

(It's okay, I'm the same way about all of my chickens.
smile.png
)

Y'all have to understand, wait, duh, I'm talking to people who are on a chicken forum! Of course y'all will understand!

Anyway, when I call Goldy, she comes to me. She's the only one of my seven that actually comes all the way in close and... she squats for me if I even blink an eye.

My wife was even jealous yesterday when I said "watch this" "here Goldy" she came right in all cute like and squatted not 10" from my hand.

My wife just melted and so did my heart. Picked her up and cuddled her up then passed her on to my wife.

We are both very much in love, with a chicken!

...JP
lol.png

Kinda reminds me of the guy who went to the Psychiatrist and said, "Doc, you've got to help my brother....he thinks he's a CHICKEN!" The Doctor agreed to see him. Several weeks passed but the guy's brother never came in for an appointment. Three months later the man ran into the Dr. in a store and the Dr. asked why his brother never came to see him. The guy said, "well, I wanted to send him to you, but frankly, we needed the eggs....."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom