Southern States Store

Airilith

Songster
10 Years
Sep 28, 2009
Eastern Shore, VA
So I just found out that there is a Southern States store not too farm from me. I was wondering (A) if anyone has been to one, (B) if you liked it, and (C) if SS sells chicks.

Thanks guys!

PS - I might have to make the drive up there tomorrow. Just figured I'd see what y'all think
smile.png

I love ours, they get chicks every year, and so we dont have to get 25 chicks, they just take everybodys orders and add them together.

I just picked up another bag of starter for my chicks from Southern States. (Mine are little gluttons!
lol.png
)
I have not dealt w/ this store but a few times and so far they are average to above average. I tried to pick up chick grit and poly-v-sol but they didn't have any. The clerk was polite but young and not interested, ya know? It is convienient to my work so I will probably shop there as needed. There is a TSC 10 miles from my house, but they are only a little better w/ availability of certain items.
rant.gif

I bought my first 2 chicks (bantam cochin) from Southern States last year. I went back a few days later to ask questions and to find out how to make them more loving. They actually gave me a chick that they had been petting and handling!
jumpy.gif

I have their chick delivery list for this month. Their chicks seem to be better taken care of and healthier than some of the other local stores.
Great store, friendly employees and very clean!

Thanks! You guys are awesome.

It's about a 30-40min drive for me, but in relation the nearest mall is about 60-75min. But from all the great things I'm hearing I'll be heading that direction this afternoon.

I bought chicks at SS this am. I believe this is my stores first year carrying chicks. They were very helpful and called me as soon as the chicks arrived at the store
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom