Selling brooder chicks

Momma-Hen-Misti

Songster
Aug 29, 2020
SW Missouri
We are tossing around the idea of pre-selling brooder chicks. Basically, I would raise the chicks until 6 weeks of age for you. Once the chicks are fully feathered & can regulate their temperatures, they will go to their home/coop. Is there anyone that has done this that could give me some feedback? Breed would be dependent on what was available at our local farm store unless the person wanted to purchase chicks from a hatchery. I would provide everything they need while in my care, including feed. I'd appreciate any feedback.

We are tossing around the idea of pre-selling brooder chicks. Basically, I would raise the chicks until 6 weeks of age for you. Once the chicks are fully feathered & can regulate their temperatures, they will go to their home/coop. Is there anyone that has done this that could give me some feedback? Breed would be dependent on what was available at our local farm store unless the person wanted to purchase chicks from a hatchery. I would provide everything they need while in my care, including feed. I'd appreciate any feedback.
I sell them no sooner than 2-day old all the way up to 2-month olds. I only raise/breed silkies, but what I would do if I were you is create a Facebook page if you don't have one, then search for poultry groups in your state and your area of the state. That's a great safe way to post them too and people can message you for prices as you can't put prices on Facebook. Those groups also have a lot of folks looking for chicks, so you could scope out what they're looking for.

You can sell yours younger if you want, but purchase a case of hand warmers if you do it when they're real young and where it's cold. I seal one in an envelope and place it under a paper towel in the box when sending wee ones out into the cold.

Good luck!

Thats how i used to buy mine before i got chicks. Lady raised a whole bunch of different breeds up till they were feathered and ready for the coop. She sold them individually then also in packages of 6 pullets or a coop combo of 6 pullets and 1 rooster. She had a facebook page. And also advertised on craigs list. She would presell and then call when you when they were ready.

It was called margarets roost, in clover SC.

I sell them no sooner than 2-day old all the way up to 2-month olds. I only raise/breed silkies, but what I would do if I were you is create a Facebook page if you don't have one, then search for poultry groups in your state and your area of the state. That's a great safe way to post them too and people can message you for prices as you can't put prices on Facebook. Those groups also have a lot of folks looking for chicks, so you could scope out what they're looking for.

You can sell yours younger if you want, but purchase a case of hand warmers if you do it when they're real young and where it's cold. I seal one in an envelope and place it under a paper towel in the box when sending wee ones out into the cold.

Good luck!
We do have a Facebook & Instagram page for our homestead. I spoke to the local feed store that's a mom & pop family owned place & they are willing to let me put up a flyer in their store advertising my services. I need to do some more research on cost breakdown to get a flyer ready. She asked us to bring it in by January 1st!

Thats how i used to buy mine before i got chicks. Lady raised a whole bunch of different breeds up till they were feathered and ready for the coop. She sold them individually then also in packages of 6 pullets or a coop combo of 6 pullets and 1 rooster. She had a facebook page. And also advertised on craigs list. She would presell and then call when you when they were ready.

It was called margarets roost, in clover SC.
I'll have to look her page up for ideas. The local family owned feed store told me to make up a flyer to bring in by January 1st & she would advertise our services. I need to do more research on pricing. We do have a Facebook & Instagram page for our homestead already. I'm excited to see how this idea works out!

Back
Top Bottom