Sparks, NV...we might have a chance at this!

Where's the petition?? I want to sign. The idea that Reno is ok and Sparks is not, just stupid. But I worry about HOAs being buggers about all of it. I'm sure they don't allow such things. 

It's at Rail City Garden Center in Sparks, just ask at the front counter. I don't know about HOAs, I'm not in one, but I think some are Ok with it in other cities. It depends on each HOA. If you could demonstrate the chickens wouldn't be a nuisance, you may have a shot at convincing them. Thanks for your support!

If you are in Sparks and want to see chickens legalized, the owner of Rail City Garden Center and Nursery has a petition going that you can sign at the store.
Good to know, thank you for the insight!!! I absolutely love the owner of RCGC. I've taken several classes from the owner. I'll have to head over there and sign the petition.
thumbsup.gif

Just out of curiosity, have you heard any more about this since last year? how do I get my information sent to the city so I can be updated when this comes around so I may testify in favor?

Thanks for the help.

I'm not the one spearheading this, but your best bet is still to sign the petition at Rail City, email your city council member, and keep an eye on the upcoming city council schedule. I haven't checked recently, but I think they are required to post the meeting agenda at least a few days prior, and you should be able to find that information out on the Sparks city webpage. The more positive interest, the better!

Just out of curiosity, have you heard any more about this since last year? how do I get my information sent to the city so I can be updated when this comes around so I may testify in favor?

Thanks for the help.

I live in Reno but my feedstore is in sparks and they asked me about starting a petition to get the laws changed. I will refer them to rail city garden shop hope the petition is still ongoing. Can someone in Sparks post an update?? And I would sign the petition too if you dont mind us being from Reno ....

I live in Reno but my feedstore is in sparks and they asked me about starting a petition to get the laws changed. I will refer them to rail city garden shop hope the petition is still ongoing. Can someone in Sparks post an update?? And I would sign the petition too if you dont mind us being from Reno ....

You would have to ask at the store- I'm not directly involved with them, I just posted the information since I have not seen anyone else from Sparks do so. Thank you for wanting to help!

Has anything changed? Just moved to sparks

I have not dropped off the face of the earth, but life has been busy and there really haven't been any updates until just the last few weeks. So, here is a summary of what's happening now, as far as I know it. The councilwoman for my ward did give my email address to the senior planner involved with overhauling part of the Sparks city code, and I got an email from him two weeks ago.

Essentially, they are working on overhauling part of the code, and adding in an Urban Agriculture section that will allow for, among other things, limited chicken and bee keeping. The first draft of the proposed changes looks promising to me, but I do not want to share it here as it is not publically distributed as far as I know. There will be a sort of small workshop next week for those of us whose emails went to the planner. I really have no idea right now what that means, other than I have an invite, and will be there.

So, that's where things stand.

Is the workshop open?

I don't think so because of limited space and time. There will probably be public opportunities for comment sometime after this, and I'll post here as soon as I know anything else. Keep an eye on the Sparks city website, and email the city council members; their emails are public!

Back
Top Bottom