P1130134.jpg

P1130135.jpg

P1130137.jpg

Is this a Splash Orp?
P1130139.jpg

P1130140.jpg

P1130142.jpg

Thanks. Next time I hatch I'm not going to go crazy like this. We have apprx 65
birds right now. It's chaos in the coop. That will be another thread...

Purplechicken & Drumstick

looks like mostly orphs to me hey are your delaware's aggresive they could have picked if that is the case i am wondering because I am ordering a delaware in the spring and I am seeing who has aggrezive ones.

Quote:
We bought a few dozen eggs of Ebay as a goof. The girl who sold me them warned me
that they are aggressive. They haven't picked at all. They are very friendly and
sweet. We love them. They hold their own against the older evil Leghorn gang.
We are very happy to have added them to the flock. We have too many. Want a few?
I figured they would end up as meat birds but it's gonna be tough.

Those are Orps, PC and I bet you have a picker. By that age, even the cockerels should be feathered out all the way. My Delawares were horrible pickers. Four Delaware chicks plucked the backs of seven Speckled Sussex cockerels in two hours. They were plucked just that bare, too! However, the cockerels sometimes take a little while to feather on their backs, just not to the age those are. How old are they now?
That IS a splash Orp! Pretty! That one looks pretty friendly to me, PC. I tell you, the Blue Orps do take extra time handling them at first. I don't know why, but they do. Buffs are rarely that way, but the blues make you work for their affections.

Quote:
Cyntia, are you saying all five of those are orps? Group 1 are black. Group 2 are the gray
ones on the ramp. Then there is the splash that Drum is holding.

Quote:
Shipping is WAY to much money. Just not worth it. To bad.

Your twice my sons age. His name on BYC is Drumstick. He hangs out here
a lot.

Orps can be black, blue (gray) or splash. They do look like Orps to me. Looks like you got all three colors.

Suede at 4 weeks old:
DCP_5732.jpg

Suede at 6 weeks old:
DCP_6106.jpg

See, he did start out barebacked at first-that fuzz fell out before the feathers took off on the cockerels. The girls were feathered out nicely while the boys were bare.

This is what my four Delawares did to my SS:
DCP_7021.jpg

DCP_7020.jpg

k that is fine if i just like to buy from other BYCer's I will Actualy the hatchery i was ordering from is realy expaensive so mabe it would be worth it. how much do they way? WOW suede wasnt always so beutiful LOL I makes up for his teenage akward stage now

henry

Last edited:
Quote:
Only the one had a picked back. The other is not as bad. We have one other
easter egger that is mildly picked but that is out of 30 birds that were together.

I've never whitnessed any picking. The Leghorns tore apart a HennyPenny chick
today but that was her head. Had to put her down. Not fun.

Back
Top Bottom