Spitzhaubens

Thank you. Mixed babies, mixed with other breeds of chickens, or mixed with different colors?
Here's one of the cockerels from my spitz hens from this year. They're the only ones I have (besides two of their daughters) that can pass along crests and V combs, so I know who they're out of at least
20230901_164022.jpg
20230901_164044.jpg

I'm just getting started breeding. Chamois is the color I'm going to be breeding to SOP and I got them from Cackle. I have actually gotten all my chickens from Cackle. :D

They can't win Grand Champion at APA shows but they can win in their category. I am unsure of the category tho. At a non-APA they can take Grand. Non-APA shows are not sanctioned and there for award no points in the club. It does working something like dog shows where dogs win in breed then group then go for winning the whole show. They rack up points for the breeder/shower and you win other titles on how many points you get. Once they start working on getting the Spitz in APA they will need a spcific number of people showing to get them recognized.
Thank you for the info! I found ASCA. Really took awhile. Australian Shepherds have A LOT of clubs - tried to insert emoji, couldn’t get it:) - I did find the right club & will be joining it soon.
I have to decide what I want to do, or not do with them. Show, pet only…

Yay! A Spitzhauben thread!!
I only have one (this is my first flock)
Her name is Spitzy, here she is as a chick:
View attachment 3629511
View attachment 3629512
I’ll have to take a recent pic of her to post, I don’t have any right now.
They are so hard to get a picture of lol :rolleyes:

Here’s lovely Spitzy!
2CAA5EE8-CE2F-4E4C-9B21-DE5936A38C35.jpeg

She is one of the crazy girls; all she does is run around in circles!! Even when she was let outside yesterday she stood in the doorway and turned around and around all crazy! I love my little Spitzy ❤️

Here’s lovely Spitzy!
View attachment 3630008
She is one of the crazy girls; all she does is run around in circles!! Even when she was let outside yesterday she stood in the doorway and turned around and around all crazy! I love my little Spitzy ❤️
She looks so cool with that black and white hairstyle :love

So from Cackle my Silver Spitzhauben have good to decent spangled but the crests are on the large side for Spitzhauben. My Gold Spitzhauben have bad spangling and much better crests. Tempted to have my Silver rooster over them to fix spangling and crests now then work on base color later.

Here’s lovely Spitzy!
View attachment 3630008
Where did you get her from? I’m not being critical & hope this isn’t rude, but that behavior is concerning.

Where did you get her from? I’m not being critical & hope this isn’t rude, but that behavior is concerning.
We got her from a feed store; we do not know which hatchery she was born at. She doesn't run is circles too often, I was exaggerating a bit.

I absolutely did not think you were being critical or rude!

Why do you think that is concerning? Thank you for telling me!

We got her from a feed store; we do not know which hatchery she was born at. She doesn't run is circles too often, I was exaggerating a bit.

I absolutely did not think you were being critical or rude!

Why do you think that is concerning? Thank you for telling me!
Thank you for not being offended! If she does that a lot, over half the time - I picked that ratio, just because - if she’s doing it a lot, to me it indicates either eye or neurological issues.
I am NOT a vet or in the medical field! I was a farrier in a former life & worked closely with numerous vet clinics. I had the good fortune to work with Texas A&Ms farrier. Back then there was only one. My point is that I saw a lot, was always asking questions about everything, not only about horses.
This is my opinion, please take it as you wish.
I am sure there are much more knowledgeable people than I (me?) on here, I hope they jump in too.

Back
Top Bottom