Spitzhaubens

Why hello there!

Attachments

• 48D76924-C8E7-4A94-BE48-E9F6D38674C1.jpeg
    48D76924-C8E7-4A94-BE48-E9F6D38674C1.jpeg
    766.2 KB · Views: 3
Who will take care of my birds?
You mean while you're in prison for smuggling? I'm down with the Conure, I had an Amazon for 30+ years that screamed at 120+ decibels for most of the day. I would buy the most expensive wallpaper and furniture for her to destroy if I could have her back.

I looked into importing a while back. One of the more ridiculous requirements is that hatching eggs also have to be quarantined for 30 days. But if you can somehow get them into Canada, there's no quarantine period to bring them across the border from there.

You mean while you're in prison for smuggling? I'm down with the Conure, I had an Amazon for 30+ years that screamed at 120+ decibels for most of the day. I would buy the most expensive wallpaper and furniture for her to destroy if I could have her back.

I looked into importing a while back. One of the more ridiculous requirements is that hatching eggs also have to be quarantined for 30 days. But if you can somehow get them into Canada, there's no quarantine period to bring them across the border from there.
I'd do it legally! :D

I can't imagine having an Amazon for 30 years. I bet your patience was tried a time or two.
I read it was upwards of $2,000 per adult bird when importing. I wonder if they expect those "quarantined" eggs to still hatch?

My Conure would drive you crazy.
I wanted a green cheeked conure for many years. DH has auditory issues, so no noisy birds in our future. That's why chickens worked out. I finally have my pet birds and DH doesn't have to hear them. (That is until our daughter talked daddy into having a serama rooster as a pet. ) However, that little rooster is still far less noise and only lives in the house during the winter.

I wanted a green cheeked conure for many years. DH has auditory issues, so no noisy birds in our future. That's why chickens worked out. I finally have my pet birds and DH doesn't have to hear them. (That is until our daughter talked daddy into having a serama rooster as a pet. ) However, that little rooster is still far less noise and only lives in the house during the winter.
For your own sanity, please don't get a Conure

Back
Top Bottom