Spitzhaubens

How old are they? I see red wattles on one of the Chamois…..
14 weeks for the the Gold and the Chamios. Also all the other breeds I received in the order. All the cockerels are crowing. None of the Chamios are crowing.

A Gold cockerel.
1000002721.jpg

Hi to the Spitz community!
I am going to add to my group of ladies. I have looked at turkeys, not sure they are for me. Looked at guineas, still not sure. I was looking through the forums and saw ‘Spitz’. I had to know what that meant :)
I am fascinated with them, plus I saw that they can handle the weather in TX. @NagemTX isn’t far from me.
I looked at them on Greenfire. I’m thinking about my grandsons showing them.
Would that be a good place to buy show quality?
The pictures @Faraday40 posts convinced me that this breed is perfect for the boys!

Hi to the Spitz community!
I am going to add to my group of ladies. I have looked at turkeys, not sure they are for me. Looked at guineas, still not sure. I was looking through the forums and saw ‘Spitz’. I had to know what that meant :)
I am fascinated with them, plus I saw that they can handle the weather in TX. @NagemTX isn’t far from me.
I looked at them on Greenfire. I’m thinking about my grandsons showing them.
Would that be a good place to buy show quality?
The pictures @Faraday40 posts convinced me that this breed is perfect for the boys!
You can start with Cackle, Greenfire, Sea Breeze Hens(is in San Leon TX)and facebook. They are not in the APA yet but the more people get into them and breed them to SOP the better the chance of getting them into the APA.

I'll see if I can find the SOP for them and some other info for breeders in TX. I hope to be one of those soon with the Chamois color.

You can start with Cackle, Greenfire, Sea Breeze Hens(is in San Leon TX)and facebook. They are not in the APA yet but the more people get into them and breed them to SOP the better the chance of getting them into the APA.

I'll see if I can find the SOP for them and some other info for breeders in TX. I hope to be one of those soon with the Chamois color.
There is a club for them. Most of the members are in Texas. Its ASCA. The breed standard is on the site as well. Henry Allen and Carla Allen have a video on YouTube for education on the breed. Hope all of this helps.

Back
Top Bottom