Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

Pics

My splash pullet (I think, those long hackles are making me wonder) and my blue hen. The pullet is 5.5 months old and the hen is about 1.5 years old. They're droopy in the heat, poor things. Two thunderstorms have missed us today. I hope it rains so things will cool down, but I hear thunder and it just goes right around us. Ugh!

She looks blue to me. My splash chicks are much lighter, but there are definitely darker splashes.
It almost looks reversed in the pic (like white on a blue background instead of blue on a white background). Can you spread her wing and get a pic?
She is SUPER cute!

Hi ever one I have a white silkie hen and a blue splash rooster that hatched out 11 baby's . can anyone tell what color they are going to be..dad is bearded and mom is non-bearded.how do you tell if the baby's are bearded.

there wing feathers are just starting to come in and the darker colored ones have brown feathers coming in on there wing and the lighter ones look kind of like a silver color on there wing. I hatched eggs from mom with a white rooster in the spring and all where white. so does that mean my splash has partridge in him?

Back
Top Bottom