Here's a pic of my new hatch. My blue broody hatched 12/31-1/1/2013

They are gorgeous!
droolin.gif

Some pics of my blue and splash puff balls
big_smile.png

Mr. Wu, my roo

Ellie Mae

Wednesday

can you tell the gender? i think it might be a roo but really hoping for a pellet
It is too young to determine gender yet. I've had some obvious boys by 3 weeks
ep.gif
and others that had me still guessing at 8 months! Silkie cockerels (roosters) will start getting streamers in their crest and back of their neck around 4 months. You can sometimes see bumps (and/or red spots) where waddles will grow in the boys and their combs will start earlier and grow much bigger than a pullets comb.
fl.gif
Yes, we're all hoping for pullets-LOL! By the way, I've got 2 hens that crow (or have crowed).
th.gif
Good luck!

I have been hatching eggs from different BYC folk with hopes of starting my own BBS flock. I have 11 due to hatch Saturday. Can you tell white from splash chicks? I have a few white eggs and want to sell the chicks but don't want to accidently sell my splash chicks. My next batch to go in the incubator also has some paints...can you tell white, paint and splash chicks apart right away?

This chicks vaulted skull was the biggest and prettiest of all the chicks I saw however now I worry that it is already showing sign of being a roo does the vaulted skull starting so far back on the skull mean male it seems the non vaulted front area would perfectly fit a walnut crest does it look male? I know it too early to tell for sure also I think it's a splash but just confused over the vault and puffy head being so far back

Back
Top Bottom