Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

Pics
This is the only other photo I have for now. We have a Black Roo also and she looks nothing like him. We've checked "her" for spurs and she has none of the straight feathers that males are said to have & she is significantly smaller than him.

This is the only other photo I have for now. We have a Black Roo also and she looks nothing like him. We've checked "her" for spurs and she has none of the straight feathers that males are said to have & she is significantly smaller than him.

How old is she? I had a blue pullet that I thought for sure was a roo because of the way her crest feathers were coming in but they ended up rounding out more instead of just having that "slicked back" look.

It could be a girl, but there is a major difference between your blue and black. Your black Silkie appears to be non bearded or partially bearded. That means his comb and wattles will just naturally be bigger. The blue is bearded, the bearded gene suppresses the comb and wattles, making them very small. My rooster looks alot like your blue. He's very feminine. He's also nearly a year old and still doesn't have spurs. I wasn't sure he was a rooster until after he was 5 months old. And, he doesn't have that swept back crest either. He has a vaulted skull, and his crest is bigger than some of my hens. The only difference is the little Mohawk of streamers going down the back. What I'm trying to say is, don't compare them to each other to gauge gender. That sometimes works if they're from the same line. Silkies are so hard to tell with. :fl you have a pullet since that's what you seem to be hoping for
1f609.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom