Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

Pics
Help! I got some chicks today that were shipped to me from Ideal Poultry. It's an assortment and I plan to sell most, but I want to keep any that might be splash. I've been looking at pictures online and, from the pictures I'm seeing, splash (and even some blues) look about almost white or buff when they are chicks. How do I tell which are splash?? Here are some pictures.

Help! I got some chicks today that were shipped to me from Ideal Poultry. It's an assortment and I plan to sell most, but I want to keep any that might be splash. I've been looking at pictures online and, from the pictures I'm seeing, splash (and even some blues) look about almost white or buff when they are chicks. How do I tell which are splash?? Here are some pictures.

Your splash chicks will definitely come from this group...the others are too dark "red" and "buff" colored to be splash. Now out of these chicks which are splash? Hard to tell...Maybe someone else will chime in. I have to get a splash chick so I am new to telling them from a white chick or another lightly colored chick but I do know out of the 3 pictures you posted, the bottom two were NOT splash.

First group looks all white, second looks buff, third group looks partridgish but may end up buff later, mine from them did. Splash should be a light blue gray. I'll see if I can find a pic of mine

First group looks all white, second looks buff, third group looks partridgish but may end up buff later, mine from them did. Splash should be a light blue gray. I'll see if I can find a pic of mine

The little chick in frond is a lighter splash, I couldn't find any of the day old babies

The little chick in frond is a lighter splash, I couldn't find any of the day old babies

How old is this one? Some of the whites have a slightly bluish-grey tint in places, but maybe I'm just being hopeful. :) Thanks for the picture. Anyone else have pictures of very young splash chicks?

Back
Top Bottom