Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

Pics
Have you tried looking around in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum? Or maybe your states thread in the Where Am I? Where Are You? forum?

You might be pretty hard pressed to find breeders that are selling chicks or started birds this time of year. I know that *I* have just started doing fertility checks after moving birds around into their separate breeding pens. I'm not saying no one will have anything to offer, but you might have to do some serious searching. If there are any shows happening in your area, that would also be a good place to look. Lots of times breeders will be there selling some extra birds that don't have a place in their breeding programs. They wont be perfect, but they'll typically be very nice.

Good luck!

Have you tried looking around in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum? Or maybe your states thread in the Where Am I? Where Are You? forum?

You might be pretty hard pressed to find breeders that are selling chicks or started birds this time of year. I know that *I* have just started doing fertility checks after moving birds around into their separate breeding pens. I'm not saying no one will have anything to offer, but you might have to do some serious searching. If there are any shows happening in your area, that would also be a good place to look. Lots of times breeders will be there selling some extra birds that don't have a place in their breeding programs. They wont be perfect, but they'll typically be very nice.

Good luck!
I've been looking for over a year now. I'm now thinking about just getting eggs.

Msy I join this thread? I just got my first little blue silkie chick the other day! Love her

Not a real active thread, but :welcome

I only have 4 silkies. A splash roo, black hen, and 2 of their blue pullet babies. In fact, one of the blue pullets who is 9.5 mo old, is broody and sitting on 3 bbs marans eggs. It is only day 3, but so far so good.

Do you only have the one Silkie? I'm sure that will change, lol.

Msy I join this thread? I just got my first little blue silkie chick the other day! Love her

Not a real active thread, but :welcome

I only have 4 silkies. A splash roo, black hen, and 2 of their blue pullet babies. In fact, one of the blue pullets who is 9.5 mo old, is broody and sitting on 3 bbs marans eggs. It is only day 3, but so far so good.

Do you only have the one Silkie? I'm sure that will change, lol.

No I have an unknown color silkie I for with her, he is a sooty palomino color, I'm thinking he might turn out to be buff with lavender leakage...???? And I got a feebee2 black silkie from a feed store cause he was the last one they had left. The little blue and mystery color chicks are breeder quality. I am currently waiti,f on the breeder to get me a splash and a frizzle!

No I have an unknown color silkie I for with her, he is a sooty palomino color, I'm thinking he might turn out to be buff with lavender leakage...???? And I got a feebee2 black silkie from a feed store cause he was the last one they had left. The little blue and mystery color chicks are breeder quality. I am currently waiti,f on the breeder to get me a splash and a frizzle!
The unknown one sounds like a porcelain.

The unknown one sounds like a porcelain.

That's really what I was looking for when I picked (hopefully her out)
But other people told me white, and someone else told me buff with lavender leakage.
Here she is...

Her dad (rooster) was a buff/lavender splash
The hen pen the egg came out of was blue, splash and lavender splash

That's really what I was looking for when I picked (hopefully her out)
But other people told me white, and someone else told me buff with lavender leakage.
Here she is...

Her dad (rooster) was a buff/lavender splash
The hen pen the egg came out of was blue, splash and lavender splash
I think that was me that told u buff with lavender leakage but it could be a porcelain. Keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom