Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

Pics
Silkietime very nice splash roosters!!! Do you have any splash hens or pullets you might be willing to sell?

A vaulted skull is also called a cerebral hernia. At hatching the skull is not closed on top, and the brain and other soft tissue form a large knob atop the head, but under the skin. In some cases the skull eventually grows together over the knob. In other cases it remains open.

Some say that crests grow larger on birds with the vaults; others say it does not matter. I do not know of anyone who has actually done a wide-scale study to determine whether there is anything other than anecdotal "evidence" for either viewpoint. Vaulted skulls are required in polish; not required in silkies. Most silkie breeders that I know of do not breed either for or away from the vault.

32462_chkns5_148.jpg

32462_chkns5_190.jpg

32462_chkns5_135.jpg

Some of my blue/splash offspring

jd08, are you going to the Newport show? I might have a hen or pullet but I only have this one splash rooster and I'm keeping him at least one year. I should have a cockerel in three mos. Thank you

Hey tracey and April are you coming to the show this month down here in VA? To close to the holiday for me to get the weekend off to show..my new place not far from the show grounds though..

Back
Top Bottom