Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

Pics
I'm glad I found this thread.
smile.png
Three weeks ago I incubated my first batch of shipped eggs from BBS silkies. It looks like only blue silkies hatched out. They are just precious and totally spoiled. (I even ordered chicken diapers for them which should arrive in the mail anyday.) They are 2 weeks old in the pictures.

Their names are: Hazy Daze, Misty Blue, Shadow and BB (in the front)

Here is Misty Blue working on her show stance: You should see the feathering on their feet now!
ep.gif

And another group shot -at the farm!

I am new to chickens and was lucky enough to get these two blue cuties from a neighbor who breeds them - any opinions are welcomed!

Grendel:

Zifnab:

They are about 5 weeks old

Last edited:
This is a great thread! We are just getting started in Silkies and have gotten so much helpful info from this site. These are my 5 1/2 month old splash silkies that I hatched from eggs purchased from Laura Beardsley at Seriously Silkie. Also just recieved a breeding pair from Nikki Stetson at Hattrick Silkies no pics of them yet. I've had chickens pretty much my entire life but I just love the unique look of the silkies and their wonderful temperment. I also love how easy they are to manage since they can't fly:)

This is a great thread! We are just getting started in Silkies and have gotten so much helpful info from this site. These are my 5 1/2 month old splash silkies that I hatched from eggs purchased from Laura Beardsley at Seriously Silkie. Also just recieved a breeding pair from Nikki Stetson at Hattrick Silkies no pics of them yet. I've had chickens pretty much my entire life but I just love the unique look of the silkies and their wonderful temperment. I also love how easy they are to manage since they can't fly:)

Those are very nice looking splash silkies!
love.gif

I was hoping to get a bunch of splash and light blues on my last hatch. I got 4 splash chicks and a very light blue!
wee.gif
I'm so excited to see them develop!

Here's some pics of the babies at 3 weeks old....just starting to get their splash coloring in. They started out white. The light blue and the splash are almost the same color now:

There is a "partridge" in the mix too, but it is turning more gray.

Does anyone know where to order chicks...or know of other breeders in the Scranton, PA area for the splash silkies?

Thanks!

Does anyone know where to order chicks...or know of other breeders in the Scranton, PA area for the splash silkies?

Thanks!

MR Robbins is a breeder in GA. I know she has Blue/Black/Splash pens because I've ordered hatching eggs from her before. I'm not sure if she ships chicks, though.
hu.gif

You might check the auction section for the age chicks you are looking to buy and then search for splash silkies.

Another idea is to check MyPetChicken.com. I know they ship silkie chicks, but I doubt they have splash. They would also be more of a pet quality. Good luck finding some. Maybe someone else on here will have a better answer.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom