Splayed leg advice

Someone please help! My 3 week old rooster is having a leg problem with just one of his legs. It looks like his hock is turning inward and he is having trouble walking on it. They are in a Rubbermaid tub with deep pine shavings. Not sure if I should try to put hobble on his legs or what. If so should i attach one right where his hock joint is or should i put one just below that joint? Just started today all the other chicks are fine. Attaching photo. Thanks so much.

Someone please help! My 3 week old rooster is having a leg problem with just one of his legs. It looks like his hock is turning inward and he is having trouble walking on it. They are in a Rubbermaid tub with deep pine shavings. Not sure if I should try to put hobble on his legs or what. If so should i attach one right where his hock joint is or should i put one just below that joint? Just started today all the other chicks are fine. Attaching photo. Thanks so much.
That looks broken. I'm not sure there is much you can do. :(

The little chick does not seem uncomfortable when I move t the leg around and he is still putting weight on it. I think I am going to try to put a hobble on it and see if that helps. Thank you

Hi tried to put the slipped tendon back in place...no such luck so far. This started on Wednesday hock joint has been swollen and have had wrapped so far and changed the bandage everyday to try and puch the tendon back in place. Have not been able to feel the tendon moving around thus far. I started on metacam to try and get the swelling down in hock so I could feel the tendon easier still no luck. Also have been giving baby vitamins twice daily and mixing vit./electrolytes in water too. Any other advice would be so helpful...not ready to give up yet. The little chick is isolated and eating and drinking well. Thanks for any advice. Picture is above before anything had been done yet.

Can someone please help me my egg just hatched 1/10/14 and its thighs and legs are out to its side.is it splayed legs and can it be fixed.

thank you for the help,my wife moved the chicks tendon from the side of its let to back behind its leg and used a bandaid to keep it in place and a day later the chick was walking on its own.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom