Spring Cleaning time!!!

muddler6

Songster
12 Years
Sep 12, 2007
Jefferson County, PA
Just finished cleaning and freshening up the coop. I decided to pass on cleaning the run out since it was starting to sprinkle. I am glad I stuck with a small coop, I can't imagine having a large flock and room sized coop and the poo to go with it. Of course being a composter, now I need some greens to mix with all that bedding material to help get it to break down. I just hope the girls appreciate all my hard work and reward me with many X-large eggs.

I actually enjoy this job.
hmm.png
I wonder if I am the only one. . .

DH and I did ours yesterday. It was a beautiful warm day. With two of us it didn't take too long and it looks so nice now. The flock had a nice romp in the yard since we were out there to watch for hawks (we had an attack two weeks ago-everybody is okay though). Rainy today so I'm glad we got it done yesterday.
Edited for typo

Last edited:
I enjoy it too but my coop is only just under 4 x 8.

The only bad part is one of my birds is "running a bit loose" right now and like to poop on the ramp where its hard to clean.
Man that's nasty stuff.

Well they did reward me with 2 eggs today, but I managed to break my broody of her bad habit, maybe. She was out all day with the others, but when I went to close up the coop she was back on the nest, we'll see tomorrow, but at least I am good for a while now, just have to clean out under the roost now. And besides being happy to have more compost material, I don't really like cleaning the coop.

Back
Top Bottom