"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Tuesdays small Hatch Most will go to homes in NJ and MD tomorrow, Icelandics and brahma will stick around

To my surprise 4-8-16. Look who I found in the bottom of my Dickie bator this morning. When the turkeys hatched outside 4-5 I found 6 hen eggs (1/2 partrige brahma 1/2 Neckneck) I thought what the heck I'll try to hatch them....
I wonder what with the other 5 eggs. I am going to candle tonight to see if they are alive. I figure the hen could only lay 1 egg a day and turkey would set on them right away. Are they all going to hatch a day apart?
The same hen is still laying in the same place.... Turkey is in a pen until she gets over that setting mode...
It is so ugly it's cute

Quote:
clap.gif

woot.gif

So, my staggered over-hatch has begun. One of my honas was out this am.

I ran out of room in my hatcher and had to decide which eggs would stay in the turners from tuesday til last night. They are due tonight. I had many hona and silkies so, they were my experimental few. I purchased some little baskets that would fit on the shelf and contain the little hatchers & am keeping the shelves leveled until tomorrow; no rotation. The baskets are so they won't dive into the hatching area below. Unfortunately, when I went to put them in the baskets there were five already pipped. Usually, everything works out just fine even though this hatch is a little of a cluster.

The bottom of the incubator is lined with eggs. I was able to fit 107 down there. Should be cool to see what hatches!

Hope everyone else is doing well with their incubation & hatches!
pop.gif
Sounds like you will have your hands full.

frow.gif
Good morning, everyone! I'm a little under the weather today but thankful it's Friday!!!
Hello, hope you feel better soon!

Quote: Hippie Engineering
lau.gif

Our broody hen sitting on 9 eggs.

Awesome!
D.gif

Quote: Very cool!

LL

aww..look at all of those cute little hats!
Awwww

3 pips!
@Ur-ur-ur-urrr
It's Gladys Knight time, haha. Until I have zips and chicks...
woot.gif

Tuesdays small Hatch Most will go to homes in NJ and MD tomorrow, Icelandics and brahma will stick around
Cute, glad you got most sold quick!

To my surprise 4-8-16. Look who I found in the bottom of my Dickie bator this morning. When the turkeys hatched outside 4-5 I found 6 hen eggs (1/2 partrige brahma 1/2 Neckneck) I thought what the heck I'll try to hatch them....
I wonder what with the other 5 eggs. I am going to candle tonight to see if they are alive. I figure the hen could only lay 1 egg a day and turkey would set on them right away. Are they all going to hatch a day apart?
The same hen is still laying in the same place.... Turkey is in a pen until she gets over that setting mode...
It is so ugly it's cute
Adorable.

It is so ugly it's cute

awwwwwwww how cute!!!

Quote:
That cream one is the middle is like "I am a natural blonde! Promise I was born this way!".
I think it may be a boy lol

Back
Top Bottom