"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

So after having infertile SLP eggs I trimmed up the feathers around the vents of the hens and the rooster and now I 100% fertility! !! :yiipchick Day 7 candle revealed that the BLRW eggs were all infertile. :( however the remaining 18 eggs are growing well!!!! I just set 15 silkie eggs and 2 more SLP eggs. I can't wait to see how those pan out!!!

So after having infertile SLP eggs I trimmed up the feathers around the vents of the hens and the rooster and now I 100% fertility! !!
yippiechickie.gif
Day 7 candle revealed that the BLRW eggs were all infertile.
sad.png
however the remaining 18 eggs are growing well!!!! I just set 15 silkie eggs and 2 more SLP eggs. I can't wait to see how those pan out!!!
woot.gif
For the SLP fertility!

barnie.gif
For the BLRW infertile.

I'm joining the hatch-a-long. But not chicks, I'm doing keets! Have 7 guinea eggs in the incubator. Candled at day 7 and all fertile and cooking along nicely. Scheduled hatch day is April 24.

Looks like my weekend just got a little busier. The tree trimmers just left, so I get to set corner posts for my new coop tomorrow... after a little cleanup. Fortunately, I have a guy coming over this evening to help cut and load all the bigger stuff that he wants for his smoker. Apparently pecan makes good smoker wood...

Looks like my weekend just got a little busier. The tree trimmers just left, so I get to set corner posts for my new coop tomorrow... after a little cleanup. Fortunately, I have a guy coming over this evening to help cut and load all the bigger stuff that he wants for his smoker. Apparently pecan makes good smoker wood...

Yes it does make good smoker wood. It's always cheaper to get the tree guys to just drop them and than clean up the mess yourself.

No hamsters?
hit.gif

I thought we had already been through this. Only "feathered" hamsters count!!!
roll.png

Yes it does make good smoker wood. It's always cheaper to get the tree guys to just drop them and than clean up the mess yourself.
I don't have a smoker, so I wouldn't know. Definitely saved a chunk of change by cleaning it up myself (with some free help).
thumbsup.gif

I thought we had already been through this. Only "feathered" hamsters count!!!
roll.png

I don't have a smoker, so I wouldn't know. Definitely saved a chunk of change by cleaning it up myself (with some free help).
thumbsup.gif
Will have to check my hamster egg collection to see if any are "feathered". I don't have a smoker either but I still know
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom