"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Well I have been having a time with the incubators and lost the first 2 batches due to temp spikes so when I saw my 10 mo. old silki sitting on her egg I stuck eggs under her that had been laid the same day. We had a cold spell for 2 days and one night it dropped into the upper 20's. I did not expect to see what I saw this morning.

My 5 year old granddaughter and I happened to walk out the basement door to see momma silki out of the dog. carrier and these three beauties with her. I am sooooo excited. This girl is a keeper! So this might be my only hatch for April but I have more in the incubator and 3 more under momma silki.
clap.gif

Quote: awesome!!! cant wait to see the spitz? silvers??

Three days till lockdown on the chicken eggs
fl.gif

Quote: interesting!!! thanks for this post!!

Quote: congrats on the duckies!! good luck with the rest!!

Quote: x2 awesome!!! PARTY TIME!!!!

Quote: They ate well. Itty bitty made it thru the night not sure about her leg and wing gave her some electrolytes.

awwww poor baby glad she is showing a bit of improvement

Quote:
caf.gif
No kidding!
I finally got momma up to eat a little food so i could see what was going on under her. Two are hatched the rest aren't too far behind. The one chick is an Americana/Phoenix cross the other is Fibro/Phoenix cross. I am beyond thrilled with these chicks!

Americana/Phoenix cross

Phoenix/Fibro cross

awwwww what pretty chicks!!

Since we are talking goats, I have this one I think might be pregnant. She is due May 3rd.

om
OMG not again!!! poor momma goat!! she is burping babies !!!

Success! I had both eggs hatch this morning between 3 AM and 7 AM. Two new Icelandic chicks in the world!

I don't have a picture of the 2nd one yet but she looks like she has a mask over her eyes. It's not very Nordic but I'll call her Bandit. Any suggestions for this one?
wee.gif
I dont do names so yer out of luck with me!! you know all I would say is smokey lol

Hatch day

Well I left 7 EEs and 2 OEs that were rocking around to go to work... No pips yet but boy they were rockin n Rollin. I just wanna watch them hatch and who knows if they will wait for me to get home or not. I was gonna put the chick camera on them so I could check from my phone but I have a Mastiff who is gonna have puppies any day now. The chicks can hatch without help, but the doggy has to have an assistant. Too bad I can't put the dog and the incubator in the same room.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Some of our new babies

squeeeeeelllllzzzzz what a cutie pie

Both merlerault have pipped!
wee.gif
OHHHH great news!!!!

We were supposed to have company tomorrow night, a friend who likes to makes comments about my (lack of) housekeeping. But he's not coming! So I can keep my nose on the bator glass!
wee.gif

I am coming over clean quick!
So, what is this rare breed auction I keep hearing about?
a group on fb
Quote:
x2

14 EEs so far! And 1 Gamefowl!
Will get a picture of our Gamefowl chick soon, as soon as he's somewhat fluffed!
congrats!

:caf    No kidding!
awwwww what pretty chicks!!

OMG not again!!!  poor momma goat!!  she is burping babies !!!

:weee   I dont do names so yer out of luck with me!!   you know all I would say is smokey lol

:weee :celebrate

squeeeeeelllllzzzzz  what a cutie pie

OHHHH great news!!!!

Kids seem so playful and adorable

I have lots of action in my hovabator tonight came home from work and had one australorp walking around during supper another hatched. Just watched the third hatch and a lot of pips. The ameraucanas are taking there time though only one is pipped that I can see

Back
Top Bottom