"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I posted this in the chat thread, but thought I'd post it here as well...

I have 17 Auto-sexing EEs, 11 Frizzled EEs and 6 shipped silkies in lockdown
I have 15 Blue Wheaten Sulmtaler set on 4/9, 17 BCM, 24 Mille Fleur D'uccle and 6 Black Crested Polish set on 4/15, 12 Blue Buff Cochin, 4 BCM, 13 Olive Eggers, 2 Biefielders, 4 CCLs and 10 of my silkie eggs set on 4/19. I'm also hatching 60 eggs for Gotro17 - a mix of Lavender Orpingtons, Lavender Cochins, and BCMs also set on 4/19. Shellee's chicks will hatch at my house, then go back to her house. LOTS of eggs, 4 FULL incubators!

Happy Hatching everyone!

Good Luck! What's the chat thread?

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

We were supposed to have company tomorrow night, a friend who likes to makes comments about my (lack of) housekeeping. But he's not coming! So I can keep my nose on the bator glass!
wee.gif
Wonderful!

I don't remember who it was that thought they may have had a single yolk egg with two fertilization points (two embryo growing) @Sally Sunshine sent me these pics, while preparing supper this evening it appears she may have stumbled upon an egg yolk with two fertilization points.
Thanks mike! I was wondering about this. So I just got done candling the eggs, all look like their alive however I have some that are VERY developed and some that look like they are WAY behind. I have never had this happen before and I'm wondering what's going on??? One of my salmon Favorelle mix eggs is underdeveloped, but as I looked closer I thought I saw two embryos as I did before. It looked like their where two separate eyes and both where away from each other and I thought I saw movement in both embryos. I still could be wrong about this, but this batch of ehs I have is really confusing me! I have never had a batch like this before. There was one egg that looked like it had a blood ring and I didn't see any embryo inside of it, but then it looked like a giant vein too because it didn't go all the way around the egg. I got some pictures.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm experiencing with all of my eggs? I'm really confused. :/ @BantyChooks Congrats on the chicks! Have they all hatched yet? :)

Thanks mike! I was wondering about this.
So I just got done candling the eggs, all look like their alive however I have some that are VERY developed and some that look like they are WAY behind. I have never had this happen before and I'm wondering what's going on??? One of my salmon Favorelle mix eggs is underdeveloped, but as I looked closer I thought I saw two embryos as I did before. It looked like their where two separate eyes and both where away from each other and I thought I saw movement in both embryos. I still could be wrong about this, but this batch of ehs I have is really confusing me! I have never had a batch like this before. There was one egg that looked like it had a blood ring and I didn't see any embryo inside of it, but then it looked like a giant vein too because it didn't go all the way around the egg. I got some pictures.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm experiencing with all of my eggs? I'm really confused.
hmm.png

@BantyChooks Congrats on the chicks! Have they all hatched yet?
smile.png

Leave it in for a few more days and see if you can spot a difference. If there's two that's weird. maybe your rooster's little soldiers are REALLY strong?

Thanks mike! I was wondering about this.
So I just got done candling the eggs, all look like their alive however I have some that are VERY developed and some that look like they are WAY behind. I have never had this happen before and I'm wondering what's going on??? One of my salmon Favorelle mix eggs is underdeveloped, but as I looked closer I thought I saw two embryos as I did before. It looked like their where two separate eyes and both where away from each other and I thought I saw movement in both embryos. I still could be wrong about this, but this batch of ehs I have is really confusing me! I have never had a batch like this before. There was one egg that looked like it had a blood ring and I didn't see any embryo inside of it, but then it looked like a giant vein too because it didn't go all the way around the egg. I got some pictures.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm experiencing with all of my eggs? I'm really confused. :/

@BantyChooks Congrats on the chicks! Have they all hatched yet? :)

Nope! I hope there is a few more. :fl

Back
Top Bottom