"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

set 45 eggs on saturday morning! 5 CCL, 12 BLRW, the rest are english jubilee orps! some of those are a week old, but they went in anyway, we'll see how well they do. Gave them all a vent trim and put my own roo in with them since I know he is fertile....

Should have lots of chicks on the 23rd!!

I also have a pygmy doe due on the 22nd and one due the following week! These will be my first (and theirs!) and I am excited/nervous!!

i just use the one on the screen that seems to be working fine here in 2 days i will fire up my old manual incubator and hatch my eggs int there but for the egg turner i would just use the one on the screen

Dgibson, it looks like your setup is same as mine: Farm Innovations 4250. I have the mylar thermometer sitting right on the eggs. As advertised, the controller stays between 99° and 101°. But the free "analog" thermometer runs about 3-5 degrees below the controller. This is my first hatch so which should I believe?
i use the thermometer on the screen it seems to be working just fine

Have you calibrated it?

I know you asked someone else, but let me get my question in quickly. How do you calibrate it? I know it can be adjusted, but what is the standard to which one adjusts? This may seem like a strange question, but before I retired I spent many years as an engineer and "to me" calibration implies a standard. Are we simply using the term differently?

I know you asked someone else, but let me get my question in quickly. How do you calibrate it? I know it can be adjusted, but what is the standard to which one adjusts? This may seem like a strange question, but before I retired I spent many years as an engineer and "to me" calibration implies a standard. Are we simply using the term differently?
We are using the term the same. By calibration I mean to ensure that it is accurate.

Calibration is a MUST: HOW TO CALIBRATE post #9068

Back
Top Bottom