"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

My next eggs are patiently waiting for their turns to cook. My specialty backyard blend.
lol.png
Beautiful eggs!!!! Such a pretty dozen. Oooooh, Ahhhhh.

Maybe there's a way to make them visible to the flock?
wait until the ones in incubator hatch and get moved out, the chicks will out number the flock, gonna get some mesh for the old run so they can't get out through holes, that outta do the trick I think

Haha aww well hopefully she stays like that
tongue.png
do any of the others have eggs?
the Amerecuana has 6 eggs under her and the other 4 are community brooding 7 eggs lol

Got em numbered and pull anything that is new which in 3 days hasn't been an issue

They gotta be moved not enough room for her and 23 chicks in the box for long and with 5 other broodies in there everyone else is moving out, The roosters won't even go in the broodies kicked their behinds.
Just put her in a pet carrier with the chicks for nighttime. She'll be out and about with those chicks in just another day or so. They don't sit under momma for weeks. Let her do the hard work of integrating the chicks for you. Do not isolate them.

Just put her in a pet carrier with the chicks for nighttime. She'll be out and about with those chicks in just another day or so. They don't sit under momma for weeks. Let her do the hard work of integrating the chicks for you. Do not isolate them.
fist she's gotta finish hatching, she still has 14 eggs under her and candled them they are just a little behind the others

After being sick with the flu for the last however many days (I've lost count) I'm finally starting to feel better and, i went out to check on momma broody #1 (Fibro) Squee! I heard peeps!!! Momma again was fierce and went after my hand so I'm not sure of their status totally yet other than i can hear some! Heheheee

wait until the ones in incubator hatch and get moved out, the chicks will out number the flock, gonna get some mesh for the old run so they can't get out through holes, that outta do the trick I think

I think that should work :) and wow lots of chicks

the Amerecuana has 6 eggs under her and the other 4 are community brooding 7 eggs lol

Got em numbered and pull anything that is new which in 3 days hasn't been an issue

Oh wow, that is a lot of eggs, chicks, and broodies! Lol out of curiosity how come she has so many?

DONATIONS Still NEEDED FOR

Random Posting Threads CONTESTS!

HATCHING EGG Donations Would be GREAT!

Fowl items new/used in good shape,

BYC GFM's, Amazon Gift Cert,

BYC Certs, etc all great items to donate!

What some of us do is purchase an item from Amazon and send it directly to the winner, just make sure they have plenty of the item in stock, example chicken rooster fowl mugs are always cool! Your name/info/farm donation info will be listed on the contest assigned and we will add the contests and gifts throughout April in the HAL as well as the Incu. w/friends thread etc. Also great advertising.

Current Contest and Prize List

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

1st place - 6 Olive Egger & 6 Sapphire Super Layers - Sally Sunshine
2nd Place - Iridescent Carnival Glass "Hen on Nest" - Sally Sunshine
Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

1st place - 12+ Silkie eggs - Jessimom
2nd Place - Chicken Egg Collecting Basket - Sally Sunshine
Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

1st Place - $50.00 Michael's Gift Certificate - Kwhites634
2nd Place - Sketching Art Set and Sketch Pads & Pencils - Jessimom
3rd - Place - Beautiful Hand Turned Pen - PenMaster
“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE