Squatting! !!!

Yoda and R2D2 have jumped onto the egg laying train lol its exciting to go out there and see eggs!! Now just waiting on brownie and bitty but for now just excited about jar jar binks ,yoda , and R2D2

Lol congratulations one of our golden girls layed her first egg today and last friday our last deleware layed her first and so did a honey our black sex link eggs production is increasing in our flocks wooot!!

Some of my younger birds (they are 16 1/2 weeks old now) are starting to squat - the ones with the redder combs and wattles. It shouldn't be long now!

Yes, it does! I keep checking for pullet sized eggs, but none yet. My older flock is still laying reliably, and I can tell which eggs come from which hen. Since I have 24 younger ones, that chore will be a challenge when they are all laying! My cockerel is crowing more now. He still only does it in the morning, and it's usually when he sees me coming to let them out to free range. Still a nice guy - no aggressive moves towards any humans yet. He is kind of pushy with the hens, though!

I had a hard time figuring out yodas eggs from r2d2 like there was a egg that was soo extremely pointed i have no idea who laid that one , but yesterday i was watching them and when i knew yoda laid i went out there and compared it to yhe one i got the day before , then today i knew r2 laid so i compared that as well neither as pointed as the first brown egg but it had the color tone that best matched yodas lol yep thats how crazy ive gotten comparing egg tones lol, my rooster ichabod is not aggressive at all but holy cow his crowing is all day and when i open the coop in the morning his is going to town on the hens , my daighter was like mommy he is attacking jar jar , im like nnnnoooo he is just uuhh pushing their eggs out lol

Ha ha! Mine isn't mounting any hens yet, which is good. The pullets are too young and the older girls wouldn't allow him to. He's a polish rooster, and they are a little slower to mature, so maybe the younger girls will be ready when he gets interested.

Back
Top Bottom