Squirt hawk with hose?

mun5

Chirping
Mar 24, 2017
During a hawk attack against chickens, what's a good method to fend them off without the presence of a rooster or a dog? How about squirting it with a hose? The chicken could be hit as well though.

Any advice appreciated.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that counts as Harrassing them, which isn't legal. Only thing I know isn't illegal is standing out there with the birds.

Someone else might have more information tjough

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that counts as Harrassing them, which isn't legal. Only thing I know isn't illegal is standing out there with the birds.

But wouldn't sending a dog out to chase it be more of a harassment?

Provide lots of hiding places for your birds to seek shelter from flying predators (secured lean to/ thick bushes or something that prevents an attacks from above and allows the birds to run under without being trapped). Another option is to keep your birds in a large run that is covered. Otherwise you run the risk of possible losses and/or injuries or at least close calls. I wish you the best with your flock

My friend has had a hawk attack a chicke and she was weed eater got it with the weed waker... drop the bird so fast...then I have use a hose and it worked....my other freind has shot one so.....idk

I keep my chickens contained in predator proof coops and runs because I live in a predator heavy area. Personally I prefer to fence predators out and not harm them . I've used Heavy duty netting to keep out aerial predators with great success.It works best with a fence on the sides.

Provide lots of hiding places for your birds to seek shelter from flying predators (secured lean to/ thick bushes or something that prevents an attacks from above and allows the birds to run under without being trapped). Another option is to keep your birds in a large run that is covered. Otherwise you run the risk of possible losses and/or injuries or at least close calls. I wish you the best with your flock

Yes, I appreciate that. I was wondering if spraying water at a hawk from a distance is an effective means to scare it off during an attack.

Back
Top Bottom