Squishy sour crop....ACV...yes or no?

Don't use grit right now. Overuse of ACV depletes calcium. How come you haven't been using the Nystatin/ Medistatin?
X2 on grit and Nystatin, know nothing about ACV and calcium loss. Not saying it's not true, just don't know.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Where apple cider vinegar helps draw calcium out of fruits that normally pass through the digestive system, chickens don't generally have a high volume of fruit in their diet. Vinegar will effect bone density by depletion of calcium with excessive use. Since it is a histimine causing agent, it isn't wise to use it regularly. Chickens which are ranging on grasses, herbs, and other greens will already be on the high alkaline level. ACV increases it even further in addition to depletion of potassium. And excessive use can cause stomach and liver damage. What is excessive? I'd say daily use is excessive. I prefer to use it once a week in the water at the most. If a bird is crop bound, I could see how it helps the breakdown of food in the crop to a degree, and a regiment of use for problems like that are beneficial. ACV is beneficial in many ways, but like many supplements that are beneficial cease being beneficial with overuse.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom