SSS...and then bury it deeper? Did anyone see this??

Quote:
Hi there !

I don't think the dog wanted a meal. He was being a dog and chasing and grabbing every bird he could.

To me, the owner of the dog was foolish to expect one of those "invisible" fences to keep a high energy dog contained. The dog probably decided that getting "zapped" for leaving his home was worth it to go exploring. A dog's sense of smell is something like 25,000 times greater than ours so he was compelled to "follow his nose". Unfortunately for him, it was his last adventure.

Keeping a dog tied up on a long term basis for any reason is cruelty to me. If the dog was so beloved, why wasn't he inside with his owner ? Dogs are pack animals and will seek out companionship.

The owner of the chickens was within his legal right to destroy the predator that destroyed his flock. There ARE fences that dogs cannot break into. I didn't get the impression that the dog climbed over or broke through any type of fence. The birds were out in the open and he took advantage of an opportunity. Probably if the chickens were in a fenced yard, the dog would've kept going on down the road.(unless he had been there before, which the article didn't state)

Many times when I'm driving I'll see chickens in front of someone's home pecking around within inches of the road. Maybe the chicken owner wasn't worried about his birds being harmed.

If the owner of the chickens caught the dog in the act of slaughtering his flock I can understand why he reacted the way he did.

Have a nice day.
smile.png

Quote:
Or give back a childhood ruined by memories of an attack seasoned with being called Frankenstein in school. Only to grow up enter the service and relive it all over again as the hair grew back and every scar on the scalp became visible again.

Quote:
Or give back a childhood ruined by memories of an attack seasoned with being called Frankenstein in school. Only to grow up enter the service and relive it all over again as the hair grew back and every scar on the scalp became visible again.

huh?

With all due respect many have deviated from the original story/situation. Perhaps you should let your neighbors know what to expect. Your not my neighbor and for some of you that's a good thing for both of us.

So to answer the questions. 1. bury it deeper. 2. I didn't see it.

WalkingWolf wrote:
redhen wrote:
Its true... you cant take back a bullet...

huh?

if you read into it, he was attacked by a loose dog when he was a child, and because of the scarring was called names going through school, speaking from experience, the service will turn you grey and bald nice and quick, so as he went the scars became visible again, and everything that he had been able to move past, was brought up again. all of which could have been prevented with a little SSS. Also, thankyou for your service walkingwolf​

Last edited:
Wow, this is long road traveled....

the short version is it (dog) stops being the "beloved" pet, when it crosses my property line. At that point when it attacks MY animals (pets or live stock) it becomes predator. PERIOD. THE FIRST TIME!!! then quickly, and effectively it goes back to prey.

and for the record I WOULD not call it over, when crimes are committed in repercussion of a LEGAL action taken (tires slashed because dog shot) the anti will go WAY UP......

if your "pet" has more value then my "livestock" then keep it on your own dang property....I have no value of it on mine. I value my pets and livestock safety and security, and I secure my fences and pens accordingly.

TNT

Quote:
No difference, I would shoot the hawk too.

Then you better absolutely bury that hawk and hope no one sees you because it's a federal crime to kill them. Someone told me the fine is $5000. I don't know if jail time is involved or not.

Quote:
Thank you turbo, when I entered basic training my head was shaved bald, as the hair grew back it did not grow on the scar tissue. The experience made growing up for a few years hard, but was probably good for my character. It is not something that I think anyone else should endure.

I happened upon the dog in a fenced field with a pond where I planned on fishing for the afternoon. Chickens along with ducks surrounded the pond. The dog had killed and was eating a chicken in some brush when I walked by. I tried to fend the dog off with a cane pole, but when that would not work I made a big mistake of running instead of jumping into the water. My aunt beat the dog off me with a stick and my uncle shot it with a shotgun when he got there. I was transported by ambulance to a university hospital and met their by my parents. I was unconscious at the time and have no memory of the efforts in the ER but my parents did tell me they called for priest to administer last rites.

Though dogs killing chickens or other pets is horrible and those animals should be protected. It does not compare with the anguish that is suffered by adults and children attacked and mauled by dogs at large. Once a dog is in prey mode there is no telling what or who the prey may be. The thought that a dog would only attack chickens and never attack a child is lunacy it happens all to often.

Back
Top Bottom