St Patrick Day Hatchalong!

Now the Incubator is filled with lovely BUFF LACED POLISH, Silkies, and Easter Eggers!!!!
Today is Day 3 :)
Fun stuff! Good luck!

I just reset mine yesterday with 24. This is my first hatch all from my own flock. Obviously my cream- and tan-layers are quite a bit more reliable than my blue-layers!
E47A2158-A44E-47EC-98E3-5DF7F77C8817.jpeg

I see you have arrows on your eggs, do you turn them the same way consistently?
The arrows point to one another. When an egg is O side up, I turn it to the right. When X is up, I turn it to the left. So the egg is turned opposite ways each time, first 180 degrees in one direction, then back to its original position. This may be complete nonsense, I rarely see it mentioned here, but I remember reading when I was first learning incubation that always turning in one direction could have the same effect as an umbilical cord wrapped around a baby, wrapping the umbilicus connecting the chick to the yolk around the chick and cutting off circulation to a part of the body or killing the chick. It may not be true, but it’s an easy thing to remember to do, so I do it anyway. It’s just part of my routine now.

@Harmony Fowl
I read a great article where they had done extensive studies regarding egg turning and it’s effects. I wish I could find the article, but it’s not where I thought it was. I like your method, I should try that. Thanks for sharing!
We had a power outage here this morning so I plugged my incubator elsewhere and it lead to a temp spike... I just pray they’re ok.

Back
Top Bottom