Stainless steel chicken waterers

kkourie56

Hatching
Oct 25, 2021
I too have been looking for stainless steel chicken waterer because I am disgusted I have to buy a new galvanized teeter every year and it always shows rust in less than 6 months. If anyone can fabricate, I’d be your happy customer. 5 gallon would be perfect.

I cant help you with the SS water container,,, but just wondering why a 5 gallon plastic bucket with horizontal nipples would not suit you?? I know nothing lasts forever,,, but a plastic bucket is very cheap to replace,, and wont rust as well. I can locate plastic buckets free from detergent purchases, or from bakeries.. I would pass on motor oil containers for obvious reasons.
Can handle a stock tank heater as well. Certain stock tank heaters are designed for plastic containers.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

I cant help you with the SS water container,,, but just wondering why a 5 gallon plastic bucket with horizontal nipples would not suit you?? I know nothing lasts forever,,, but a plastic bucket is very cheap to replace,, and wont rust as well. I can locate plastic buckets free from detergent purchases, or from bakeries.. I would pass on motor oil containers for obvious reasons.
Can handle a stock tank heater as well. Certain stock tank heaters are designed for plastic containers.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
I have an electric water heater. Can’t use with a plastic waterer. I’m in NY and I’ve got to keep that heater on all winter.

Not 5 gallons, try 5 liters, but it is food grade stainless: https://lovemybarnyard.com/collections/chicken-coop-supplies
You gave me an idea, so this popped into my thinking. A Stock Pot. Just drill holes and install nipples. New ones are all over the price range, but found this one reasonably priced. One from the thrift store would probably be less than $10.
5gallon.PNG

I am thinking of just getting a food grade 18/8 (304) stainless steel table steam pan from a restaurant supply store for $13 to use for my ducks.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ch...eel-steam-table-hotel-pan-4-deep/4070142.html
That should be less reactive and safer than any plastic/rubber and it even costs less than the name brand plastic buckets and rubber bins of the same size sold at Tractor Supply.
Any thoughts why it would be a bad idea?
Looks good. Checked site,, not sure if you can purchase just one,,, :idunno (sold in lots of 12)

I believe most local restaurant supply store should have them. I just linked to webstaurantstore but my plan was to buy at a local place. I could be wrong but restaurant supply stores tend to be cheaper than Amazon for this type of thing.

Back
Top Bottom