Stalking Cat

-Chanticleer-

Crowing
May 18, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
There’s a feral black cat that is getting bolder and bolder that keeps popping up in my yard. It killed my previous quails after I forgot to close the hutch door and they were out in the main aviary space at night. I’ve since put up hardware cloth all around the aviary and it hasn’t been able to get in but has tried. My concern now is it’s eating the chickens feed and hanging around the chickens. It hasn’t tried attacking one yet but I need suggestions on how to catch it and take it to an animal shelter. I hate cats in general but that’s not a good enough reason to just kill the thing and I understand animals have to eat. It just needs to find something else to eat.

There’s a feral black cat that is getting bolder and bolder that keeps popping up in my yard. It killed my previous quails after I forgot to close the hutch door and they were out in the main aviary space at night. I’ve since put up hardware cloth all around the aviary and it hasn’t been able to get in but has tried. My concern now is it’s eating the chickens feed and hanging around the chickens. It hasn’t tried attacking one yet but I need suggestions on how to catch it and take it to an animal shelter. I hate cats in general but that’s not a good enough reason to just kill the thing and I understand animals have to eat. It just needs to find something else to eat.
I would suggest a live trap like this. https://www.harborfreight.com/32-in...KeSO9WhIM_31NvU-cQzF3ripNIssr8dAaAkmyEALw_wcB
I know some animal shelters/control and other places rent these out for days at a time untill you catch the cat.

Back
Top Bottom