Started on new non-gmo food!

Now its non-gmo chicken feed? Food faddists have gone to the henyard - aaaaggghhhh!

Avoiding food that has been shown to cause hair overgrowth in the mouth and infertility in just 3 generations of lab hamsters is a FAD?

I call that common-sense.

Last edited:
Avoiding food that has been shown to cause hair overgrowth in the mouth and infertility in just 3 generations of lab hamsters is a FAD?

I call that common-sense.

Ew. I hadn't heard about the hair overgrowth in the mouth. On the tongue, gums, or cheeks? Ew. Did the study say if it was salmon, cottonseed, corn, sugarbeets, alfalfa, soy, papaya, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, canola, wheat (still in testing) or ??? Which GM products were the hamsters eating?

I fed Highland Naturals non-GMO layer feed for several months. At first, I thought it was a great option instead of buying Coyote Creek organic. After awhile, the quality seemed to fall off a bit. There were big chunks of corn and not much else in the last bag I purchased. My chickens went bonkers for the Coyote Creek when I switched them back so I have just stuck with that.

Ew. I hadn't heard about the hair overgrowth in the mouth. On the tongue, gums, or cheeks? Ew. Did the study say if it was salmon, cottonseed, corn, sugarbeets, alfalfa, soy, papaya, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, canola, wheat (still in testing) or ??? Which GM products were the hamsters eating?

The hair was growing in the gingival cavities and could be seen upon necropsy (see photo above). By the third generation of a diet heavy in GM-soy the hair growth was extensive and most hamsters were infertile.

Also, a GM-soy diet shrunk the testicles of rats and turned them from the normal light pink color to dark red/purple (photo below)...I couldn't make this up if I tried!

The only proof I need that the stuff really is terrible is how hard the biotech industry is fighting to stop any initiative that would mandate labeling of GM foods. If there is no harm, then why are they so steadfast against letting me know if it's in my food or not? Which is all I ask. I am not saying to ban it, just label it. Consumers right to know.

Do the research, demand GM foods are labeled, and I suggest not eating them!

cheers

Last edited:
What's the Pubmed ID for the article the images were from? Thanks! Or the citation will work.

Link to the full text article on the hairy mouthed hamsters...

http://www.truefoodfoundation.org/ectopia-from-gmo.pdf

I can't find the citation for the rat study, but it and a couple others are summarized in the following article:

http://www.responsibletechnology.org/article-gmo-soy-linked-to-sterility

I don't expect Pubmed to host any articles that question that safety and efficacy of GM foods. Monsanto wouldn't allow the government to do such a thing as host an article that sheds a negative light on GM food! That is readily apparent...

Back
Top Bottom