Starting my first official breeding projects this year

In years past I have mainly just hatched out mix breeds. This year however it's getting serious. This spring I got 5 lavender Ameraucana chicks and 4 Wheaten Marans chicks. I was actually only supposed to get 1 Ameraucana rooster but instead I got 2 Ameraucana roosters and 1 Marans rooster. I sold one of the Ameraucana roosters and I already had 1 lavender Ameraucana hen and 2 splash Ameraucana hens so now I have a breeding group of 4 lavender Ameraucana hens, 1 lavender rooster, and 2 splash hens. And there are also the 3 Marans hens and 1 rooster that I got as well. I also have a trio of Seramas that I was only able to hatch 2 chicks from them last year so hopefully this year I will get more. I dont hatch many mixes anymore because I have recently started showing chickens again and I just like purebreds better. Now I just need to wait 2 months until spring so I can actually hatch some eggs

:he:barnie
Good for you! That should be fun! I find there is a lot of demand for Marans where I live.

I'm starting, too, with geese!

Honestly, one thing about me is im kinda dumb, and I honestly dont know how to email a picture of my birds then upload it on here 🫤
Are you using your phone to take pics? You should be able to send it right from your phone if youhave an email app.

Or if you access NYC from your phone, you can upload it directly. If you go to attach files, you can upload it.

Are you using your phone to take pics? You should be able to send it right from your phone if youhave an email app.

Or if you access NYC from your phone, you can upload it directly. If you go to attach files, you can upload it.
I dont have one right now my old phone broke. I will probably get a new one soon

Welp my chicks are hatching now. There are currently 11 in the brooder and some that just pipped. Out of 9 Serama eggs, 7 hatched so that is pretty good. One of the Serama chicks is white with a brown back so im very curious about what it will turn into. Only one Wheaten Marans has hatched and I think it is the only one that will hatch there is nothing in the other Marans eggs. So far there is also an easter egger, an olive egger, and 3 Ameracanas. But here is the weird thing, 2 of the Ameraucanas are grey and one is darker so I'm pretty sure its a lavender and a blue, but another Ameraucana hatched this morning and it is Black! In my breeding flock I only have lavender and splash Ameraucanas so I should only be getting lavender and blue chicks. Anyone know how I got a black one? I had a blue easter egger in with them too so maybe that could be the mother? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom