Stay at home parents!

Jesusfreak101

Songster
Sep 2, 2015
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
hello my names is rebecca, for those of you who dont know me i am a stay at home mother of a three year old daughter named Lucy, and a three month old name Joshua. My daughter like most three year olds can be a hand full. But she is extremely sweet, her brother is a sweet happy baby who hates mondays and i cant blame him i do as well. He gets cast put on and taken off every monday for at least 6-8cast changing then he gets special boot connected by a bar until he is five. They are to straighten his feet. Most days seem to fly by with the amount of work there is to do around the house. My husband works two jobs so he is rarely home he recently started this as a way to make extra money to save money to build a house. His first job is three nights a week and three days for deliveries and such when he unable to make the deliveries the kids and i do those. His second job is is 3-4 days a week working a a security guard (he a manager for both jobs). We have two cats two dogs a tank ful of fish and 31 chickens from 2 months old to a year old and two ducks about 2 months old now. I have a large garden as well we hoping to get some other farm animals soon to help produce our own food. I try to bake all of our bread and ect. I been having a blast living this way. This is a thread i wanted to start for stay at home parent for advice and support and for us diy for tips and recipes.
God bless from my family to yours!!

mooandmcgee,
I would take another if the good Lord would bless us with one. The more the merrier. I could not imagine my life without all our children. We are very close and all love farm life.
Have a great day all,
Christie

I'm not a stay at home Mom! I'm an old grammy, but... so very glad to see this thread starting. You gals need all the support you can get! Parenting is hard, expecially when the kids are so young.

It's not always the 'gals' staying at home raising the kids...

I'm a stay at home father of three... A two year old son, four year old daughter and a six year old daughter, and my stepson is twenty four and expecting a son in September...

And we just started to home school the six year old this year after two years of pre-school, the others will follow the same pattern...

Got some great news at the appointment today even through joshua kicked out of his last two cast and one pior when it looked like we where going to have to do 3-4 more casting and then i added another casting for each foot since he kicked out of the last two the doctor said today it looks like we might only have to do two more!!!! I am praying that it stays that way and thanking God!!

I feel for anyone who has sleepless nights with kids. My Son used to scream and scream constantly for no apparent reason. In the end I would do things like Bath him at 2am to try to get the warm water to sooth him. DH used to get up even though he worked full time and take the baby out walking the poor man would stagger hiome at 5.30am and the darn thing would still be screaming!
I would put him on the floor in the middle of the room and make sure nothing was near him to cause harm and I would go out the front door and walk to the end of the block of houses and come down the back way and walk back through the garden and into the back door! If I didn;t I would have smothered him! Needless to say he is now into his 30s and yeah he did survive and grow up! Unfortunately his mouth still doesn;t have an off button though!-lol

Glad to see this thread to help our young parents!
From an old Bird!

Oes.

How do you likeep goats milk compared to cows we been talking about getting a small herd of nebians

I actually LOVE my goats, when I was first looking into getting a dairy animal I originally thought about and seriously looked into a Dexter cow even had the farm I wanted her from and a name picked out, my switch came from realizing that even though I have 2 useable acres there is not enough grazing grass and I would need to either transport for breeding or artificially inseminate (yuck) also my husband is a sensitive to dairy... those coupled with my prepping goals, small herd of goats are easy to bug out with compared to a 500lb cow any day... we have 2 Alpine doelings and a Lamancha buckling they are very personable and sweet my 18m can handle them even the buck... I looked into Nubians and still might get one I LOVE the ears, they tend to be over bred because of the ears I would suggest making sure they come from really good milking lines, a good Nubian can give over a gallon a day from what I have read.. plus another perk to goats over cow is if one accidently steps on your foot they aren't like to break it

You really want to yank social chains: try being a custodial grand parent. When ever I took my 2 GK's for appointments, the staff would go into a stammering fit when trying to wrap their heads around our family dynamics. Not wanting to make assumptions, they usually opted to take the "Mom" route. I usually kept my mouth shut, and just smiled and answered the questions until any answer required that I tell them I was the Grammy. And then the.... back pedaling.... Or the "what a blessing..."

Last edited:
My grandparents were awesome and stood in when my parents were still fighting out life.I am who I am today for their interventions and support they were married 66 years and were the best people I have ever known went through great depression and taught me a lot other millenials will never get.

Why is it so hard to brush her hair and teeth
1f611.png
Lucy fights me over it some days grr and clothing seriously why do i have to chase her around anyone else go through this?

Back
Top Bottom