steak marinade

afchicken

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
ohio
im a cook in the airforce and was wondering if anybody has some awsome steak marinade recipes i could use in the defac?

Tell Uncle Sam to buy ya'll better meat that doesn't need marinating.

Soy sauce and vegetable oil is a good start. Add some herbs, citrus juice, garlic, black pepper....

Help me out with the "defac" definition please...

Olive oil, fresh lemon juice, crushed garlic cloves, black pepper. That's a great marinade on any meat.

It's also good if you use lime juice instead of lemon. When you use lime you can vary it by adding some chili powder and then it becomes a fajita marinade.

Being I spent a great amount of my first year in the Army (68 - 70) working kp and then as a cook's assistant on a deuce and a half in the field I don't mind sharing with you.

I make a rub, I just put the dry ingredients in a cereal bowl and mix with my fingers. So for a Army sized cereal bowl of rub:

3 Tbls ground black pepper
2 Tbls paprika
1 Tbls salt
1 Tbls celery salt
1 Tbls seasoning salt
2 Tbls white sugar
1 Tbls oregano
1 Tbls thyme
2 Tbls VERY FINELY GROUND COFFEE, espresso grind (a fine powder)

mix well in the bowl, rub a little EVO on your meat, then apply the rub and RUB it in everywhere. Doggone good on chicken, pork, beef or lamb.

PS: Thanks For Serving Sir !!

Last edited:
I have always used a bit of fat/ oil and something acdic.. Plus whatever herbs are in season or compliment what I am making..

for steak I would do, olive oil, lemon juice, or vingar.. Then usually cayane, or garlic... I always buy cheap cuts and marinade.. Really with being a young family.. We seldom eat T-Bone...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom