Sticky weak and cant hold its head up

dtj131

Chirping
7 Years
May 13, 2013
Bury, UK
Can anyone suggest anything I can do, they havent fed or drank apart form a drop of sugar water Ive put on their beak. One is moving around but the other cant lift its head. They were two days late and sticky.

Sorry to hear your wee ones are doing poorly.
Sugar water, electrolytes, or a poultry vitamin will work well at correcting any current fluid, nutritional, or electrolyte imbalances. I suggest continuing to administer it to the ducklings taking care not to give too many fluids at once, which can result in aspiration of the liquid.

If they are willing to eat, you can try mashing up some scrambled eggs and offering to them warm; a wet soup feed mix may also be enticing to them. Excluding the above, you are limited to what you can do with such little birds, try to keep them in a warm, stress-free environment, and hopefully, you'll see some improvement soon.

Sugar water, electrolytes, or a poultry vitamin will work well at correcting any current fluid, nutritional, or electrolyte imbalances. I suggest continuing to administer it to the ducklings taking care not to give too many fluids at once, which can result in aspiration of the liquid.

If they are willing to eat, you can try mashing up some scrambled eggs and offering to them warm; a wet soup feed mix may also be enticing to them. Excluding the above, you are limited to what you can do with such little birds, try to keep them in a warm, stress-free environment, and hopefully, you'll see some improvement soon.
Thank you so much for the advice. One is up and chirping but one is still very wobbly And both are not eating yet. I have seen something about putting them in a shock to keep them up right until they can hold themselves. Have you tried this? Thank you again so much

Thank you so much for your help. One is up but still not eating and one is better but very wobbly.

So sorry to hear that. I’m also trying to help a duckling who arrived in poor health. Sounds like we’re doing the same things.

So sorry to hear that. I’m also trying to help a duckling who arrived in poor health. Sounds like we’re doing the same things.
I think I'm going to have to try put it in a sock to sit it up. Sounds like a good idea

Our little one isn't making it unfortunately, it's just lying there now. So I've put him in the incubator on a blanket to keep warm. He's not opened his eyes out eaten anything. His head is still floppy.

Back
Top Bottom