Still thinking pullet, right? 16 weeks.

Pullet, Right?

• Yes, she’ll be laying soon!

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No, I cant believed there’s been no crowing!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
She is pretty! My top next breeds to get include cream legbars
Thank you! I have 6 total that look like that and 4 who are blonde or more Buff in color. They are from tsc in burlington,wa, they ordered from hoovers.

Thanks everyone! I’m excited, seems she’ll be laying soon! My sister named her Sam because if (if she wasn’t a rooster) she would lay green eggs. Not sure if anybody gets that, did any of you read “Green Eggs and Ham” by Dr. Seuss when you were younger?
Sam is a great name! Good book reference too 😊 my 11 yr old smooth coat border collie is named Sammy 😄

No eggs yet.. but her comb is definitely pinking up!

Attachments

• D8561DE1-1FDD-4FFD-BE4F-3D8B09E6D9C9.jpeg
    D8561DE1-1FDD-4FFD-BE4F-3D8B09E6D9C9.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2A561BDF-97B2-491D-88F3-4E6C3542019E.jpeg
    2A561BDF-97B2-491D-88F3-4E6C3542019E.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 2
I haven’t found any eggs yet, but unfortunately one of the chickens started eating eggs a few days ago so whoever it is might be eating Sams eggs. I’m working on breaking the habit with collecting eggs often and have a few fake eggs and rocks in the nesting boxes.

I think I know the culprit. I think it’s my Buff Orpington named Emily. She doesn’t lay this color of eggs, but she came out of the coop right when I went to go collect eggs (Emily is 3 years old, I got her in 2018) naughty girl!

I suppose at least a few different chickens could be eating eggs, but Emily is at least a suspect. Should I separate her or something?

The only egg that wasn’t fake was this one... and it has a Peck mark.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom