Still waiting

That's a tough one.  If there are no others actively zipping, and you see the chick straining to try to push through the membrane unsuccessfully and it truly is nearly fully unzipped, you can reach in and gently do a partial tear on the membrane along the zip.  If you don't see any blood vessels showing on the inner membrane, peel back and wrap the thick membrane out of the way, and let the chick do the rest.

Chick finally pushed out. It is moving around very well. The membrane did seem kind of dry and I had to reach in a pull a piece that stayed stuck to its back. I have the humidity at 70% and have made sure to maintained that since Monday when I locked them down. Do you think this was a fluke or an error on my part during incubation?

We have 2 chicks so far! Here is our first to hatch
ya.gif

Well I have 2 hatched. And one hasn't even pipped yet. I don't really see any movement either anymore. It is day 22 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last hatch took a total of 36 hours from first pip to last hatch completed. I think we expect this to all go very quickly but it just does not sometimes. With that said, some do not ever complete their hatch. Does not mean you did anything wrong. Eggtopsy will sometimes give you some answers... I hate doing this but it can be helpful.

I put it to my ear and it was silent. Had been moving. Now it's not. I will keep it going until tomorrow evening. I can't bear to do eggtopsy. Not yet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have the single hatch. The other eggs are still and silent. I am a bit worried to be honest. Letting the little guy stay in the incubator until tomorrow he seems very lively and has even left a little gift for me to clean up later.

I don't know what the float test is. Is there a thread that explains this? It's only just day 21 today so I really do want to give it another 24/48 hours.

I still have the single hatch. The other eggs are still and silent. I am a bit worried to be honest. Letting the little guy stay in the incubator until tomorrow he seems very lively and has even left a little gift for me to clean up later.

I don't know what the float test is. Is there a thread that explains this? It's only just day 21 today so I really do want to give it another 24/48 hours.
If today is only day 21 then the single hatch that you had could be the "early bird"
big_smile.png
I would definitely wait. It is hard because you are going to worry. But give them time. Prayers for your peepers coming your way!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom