Stockton CA Pacific Poultry Breeders Assoc Show 1/28 - 1/29/12

I stayed at the host hotel last year, & didn't really see or hang with anyone... either I was too shy or we all were too busy. As long as the place hosting our judges is supported by being full, I'm happy.
I have goats to milk, so we'll have to limit our trip to Saturday. How many are staying for the banquet?
And... is Velvet Creamery still as good as they were last year? We might "have to" go there again.

You think I'll be able to find a nice couple of bantams for my son to use in showmanship? I've never had bantam anythings before. I'm not sure what to look for. The Modern Games are nice but I don't really care for the dubbing. I'd love to get into bantam Wyandottes, but I'm not set up for more than a pair of birds, and I'd want more of those. Besides, they seem a little pudgy to walk around on the showmanship tables. Any other suggestions?

I am so looking forward to getting some layers to add to my flock. I plan to be there early Saturday. Well as early as I can.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
There will be all kinds of bantams for sale at this show. Try to look at them early Saturday. You will have many choices.

Walt

This is probably one of the Best Shows in CA for buying birds. Bantams are always popular and there are always some good ones!

Quote:
My advice is to get the lightest birds you can. Mt daughters (5 & 7) both used bantam Cochins for showmanship at the last show and they were to heavy to hold for a long time. We broke down and bought 2 modern games. Uggly but they work!

Quote:
My advice is to get the lightest birds you can. Mt daughters (5 & 7) both used bantam Cochins for showmanship at the last show and they were to heavy to hold for a long time. We broke down and bought 2 modern games. Uggly but they work!

Oh and sorry all you moden game people for calling them ugly. I'm sure u think the same about my bantam Polishes.

Quote:
Ok, I have to suggest silkies. They aren't the smallest of the bantams but super sweet and good with kids. I don't know anything about the showmanship part of it but I love my silkies.

Good luck

Julie

Back
Top Bottom