Stockton CA Pacific Poultry Breeders Assoc Show 1/28 - 1/29/12

Thank you guys!!!! Aubrey, He is like a Twin, We should have gotten a pic of you with him for Sunny!

Sunny, Hope everything is getting better on your end, I wish you could have met my little man, maybe we will just have to host another Chickenstock this summer, and get you out here!

Kim, tell Makayla she was an awesome Babysitter, we will have to yuse her again, if we host another Chickenstock.

Sunny, you picked a great restaurant! The place was nice and clean with good food. The prices were the best too!

I loved meeting everyone as well! Julie, I can't wait for a BLRW from your culls next year!

Now to research on who picks the sex on chickens! LOL

This is news to me:

Sex Chromosomes Z-W:

Birds, insects like butterflies, frogs and some species of fish have a different system for determining gender. In these animals it is the female gamete that determines the sex of an individual. Female gametes can either contain a Z chromosome or a W chromosome. Male gametes contain only the Z chromosome. Females of these species are ZW and males are ZZ.
I thought every living creature or mammal all have XY chomosomes but noooo, it just can't be that easy can it?

This is news to me:

Sex Chromosomes Z-W:

Birds, insects like butterflies, frogs and some species of fish have a different system for determining gender. In these animals it is the female gamete that determines the sex of an individual. Female gametes can either contain a Z chromosome or a W chromosome. Male gametes contain only the Z chromosome. Females of these species are ZW and males are ZZ.
I thought every living creature or mammal all have XY chomosomes but noooo, it just can't be that easy can it?

Thanks for looking this up! That was just one interesting thing that I learned yesterday!

Thank you to Karen and Denny for letting me hang out with you. You two are a wealth of chicken info! Karen, please tell Olivia that Monet had a great time yesterday and can hardly wait until the next chicken event.

Thank you, Cheryl, for the two little babies you gifted us with! They are happily chirping in a dog kennel in our kitchen. We were not planning on coming home with chicks so need to find all of our chick equipment and get the outdoor grow out pen ready.
smile.png

This is news to me:
Sex Chromosomes Z-W:

How interesting! I'm so stuck on mammal genetics that's it's really cool to have a glimpse of a different system.

We didn't hang around to meet anyone, but we did make it to the show and had a very good time seeing all the birds. I loved the judging contest setup in the youth room - I sensed that some real thought went into that, and although we didn't get to stay long enough to hear the answers, just seeing four quite distinct individuals of each breed next to each other in person was hugely educational. Thank you to everyone who put that together.

A show like this is a lot of effort, and my thanks and appreciation to all the people who made it come together.

^^^ This was just PART of one building, the bantam building. And those numbers don't include the sale barn.
I was surprised not to see more large fowl, though.

Oh, and I can't imagine being the judge who had to choose the best East Indie duck among two very long rows of little iridescent black ducks! It made my eyes water even to think of trying to judge that class.
hu.gif

We didn't hang around to meet anyone, but we did make it to the show and had a very good time seeing all the birds. I loved the judging contest setup in the youth room - I sensed that some real thought went into that, and although we didn't get to stay long enough to hear the answers, just seeing four quite distinct individuals of each breed next to each other in person was hugely educational. Thank you to everyone who put that together.

A show like this is a lot of effort, and my thanks and appreciation to all the people who made it come together.

^^^ This was just PART of one building, the bantam building. And those numbers don't include the sale barn.
I was surprised not to see more large fowl, though.

Were there no AOSB birds at all??

Back
Top Bottom