Stone Partridge Anyone?

Chris102

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
Conroe, TX
I'm getting a pair of African Stone Partridge next week and was wondering if anyone else has them and/or info about keeping them in captivity. They've been on my "gotta have it" list ever since they were first imported. They're only about the size of a Valley Quail, and rather plain in comparison to some other species, but I find them fascinating. The hens are more colorful than the males and are the more dominant of the two...quite unique in the bird world. I have a great pen setup similar to my Mearns. Its all ready for them...just counting down the days...

Congrat's, hope you do well with them, i can't comment on them but i raise Spanish Red Legged partridge.They have quite a few qwerks! Good Luck

Had them a few yrs ago , the females will kill the males if there not compatable , I had 2 males with one hen and had decent luck

Thanks for the responses! My pair is very compatible and I'm absolutely loving this species...I'm already considering another pair lol! There's just no other bird like them. The females are definitely the dominant of the sexes and more colorful than the males. Here's a few pictures of the birds. Sorry the pics arent great, these birds are fast! They both slipped my hand while clipping wings, so they're a bit scruffy looking. Still in the quarantine cage in the garage for now.

Back
Top Bottom