Stop turning duck eggs

Eggsandbeyond

Songster
Apr 13, 2023
I had duck and chicken eggs together in the incubator I'm on day 19 I stopped turning yesterday I gently moved the incubator twice to get the duck eggs to roll and move to a new side so I didn't open the incubator. Is it OK to not turn the duck eggs until the chickens hatch? I obviously didn't think this through fully lol. Or should I continue to rock it a bit to move them. All the eggs move so is that ok because I know the chicks are getting into position? Do I just not touch it at all and the ducks will be fine for not turning for like 2 or 3 days? Or take chances moving the chickens eggs? I know as they hatch they move the other eggs around.

Contrary to what you might read, you can safely open the incubator after lockdown. It just has to be quick, and make sure everything is stable after you close it. Rolling the eggs around is risky, they could crack from hitting either the wall or another egg, and it messes with the chicks getting into hatching position. I personally would continue turning the duck eggs since they still have a week before their lockdown date.

Contrary to what you might read, you can safely open the incubator after lockdown. It just has to be quick, and make sure everything is stable after you close it. Rolling the eggs around is risky, they could crack from hitting either the wall or another egg, and it messes with the chicks getting into hatching position. I personally would continue turning the duck eggs since they still have a week before their lockdown date.
Thank you I have them in the far corner (Styrofoam incubator) I can quickly open it turn them and close it without temp or humidity dropping much at all. I'll do this then.

Back
Top Bottom