Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
In better news? COLD FRONT! Only projected to hit 93 today.

We had violent storms last night and loads of rain.

It's only going to 87 today -- not quite sweater weather, but quite a change. ;)

If it will stay dry until Thursday after lunch I can mow the hayfield, er, lawn. (It keeps raining on my days off).

Back from the feed store. Just put out 10# of fresh oyster shell. Unloading 500# of feed. Changing the bird's mix. I've vut out all the layer feed, now running 2 parts 18% "starter/grower" to 1 part 24% "game bird". That leaves me at my current 20% total crude protein, but cuts the excess calcium. Will give it a try for six months, see if there are any obvious differences (apart from price, of course).

Get some other updates after breakfast. Lots to do today (as always), too hot to get much done soon.

20 foot of a black muscadine variety. Have a similar length of a golden. Jelly?

16925360142538006514553556869166.jpg

Best of the bunch, hatch before last. Hatch prior to this has disappointed. The limited patterning a few had has mostly faded as they aged up, as have virtually all the white dots.

Oddly enough, some of my best looking birds, in terms of my target appearance, have the grey fluff on the undercairrage.

16925361689724683025829288082352.jpg

Last edited:
Quick Google search seems to lead to a jam being a healthier, but still very tasty suggestion given how sweet those grapes are anyways
Jam wound be the preference - mostly, I need to get rid of the seeds. SO SO SO many seeds. and the skins get quite bitter, in addition to being rather thick.

Back
Top Bottom