Strangest and Silliest Chicken Names?

Nimby Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Oct 20, 2010
Central FL
So I have a chicken who has gone a very long time without a name. She's an olive egger, very talkative, and none of the names I use for her ever stuck. She was Bard, then Olive, then she had a time where she was Olivia, then she was Pullet Noir, then Chook Norris.

736EEEC6-orig.jpg

But, none of them were right for her.

So then she became the 'Chicken Who Must Not Be Named' because she couldn't be named, which obviously morphed into Voldemort, and then my fiancee' started calling her Porkchop for reasons I cannot fathom. So until a few minutes ago, she was Voldemort Porkchop.

BUT JUST A MOMENT AGO, I wondered why this chicken was so hard to name when I had been so quick to name my pets over the years. Indeed this chicken is nearly 6 months old without a permanent name. Almost as though she were a figment of my imagination!

And there you have it. My chicken is now Figment Voldemort Porkchop. A fine name for a silly chicken.

Won't you please share the silliest or most unusual chicken names you have heard or named your chickens over the years?

Last edited by a moderator:
Coco & Vin (coq au vin) were our 2 hens.

Senior Cocky was our rooster.

I've also had Hans & Pepper for a pair of bunnies (hausenpheffer)

My White Ameraucanas are Jack, Sally ( Nightmare Before Christmas), Bean, and Jill. WC Polish - Billie Idol, Muppet, David Bowie. BL Polish - Peter and Petunia Female runner duck hatched on Christmas named, of course, Chris. Frizzled cochin roo named "Tom Chicken" he is always reffered to with his full name. AND a pygmy goat named Steve.

Quote:
Oh man, I LOVE MUPPET!!! What a great name! lol My friend Monique has a silkie roo named Fraggle! Just perfect for a silkie, right?

I love the name Beep-Beep! Too cute!

I also love the Frito, Cheeto and Dorito... thank god there are a few people who don't name their Orpingtons 'Buffy'.

And goat named Steve... lol. If I had a billygoat I would name him Gregory after a book I loved as a kid called Gregory the Terrible Eater.

Back
Top Bottom