Strawmelon Jamlly!

yoopergirl1211

Crowing
5 Years
Dec 12, 2016
Erie PA
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just started learning how to can and my kids and I made up this recipe and I need to share it somewhere! We had made watermelon jelly and strawberry jam and had leftover fruit so we figured we'd mix them to see what we got. It is amazing! The best jam/jelly we've ever had. I'm still new to canning so feel free to point out any mistakes I made but the batch turned out great.

Strawmelon Jamlly
5 cups strawberries with juice (we put it in blender till smooth)
3 cups straind and seeded watermelon juice. We used juice from a sangria watermelon from a local farm.
5 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 packs sure jell (I was worried about it setting because the watermelon jelly we made was loose so I may have used more then I needed)

We brought the fruit juices and up to a boil. Added sugar and returned to a boil. Then added the sure jell and simmered for almost 20 min to make sure it would set. Then canned them like any other jelly. Made 9 jars.

As a newbie I was super happy it turned out.

Lol I've already given a bunch away and sampled out a whole jar ar work. We're making another batch tomorrow because its so good. It tastes like a grown up jolly rancher. I didnt know you could get so much watermelon flavor with out artificial flavors. My kids got a kick out of your posts!!

Back
Top Bottom