Stray dog popped in yard What would you to do?

Its not the beagle I'm worried about though.

The two hounds that hunter has have to be at least 80 pounds right now and they're the type of dogs that won't bark but will stare you down and follow behind ya if your back is turned.

Given the circumstances, I would put up fencing to contain the chickens. It doesn't have to be permanent. Just sturdy enough to send the dog elsewhere.

And also try to find out who the owner is, letting them know that the dog is not welcome in your yard. If there are no tags, then you need animal control to take over.

Beagles can climb fences. I had one that would follow the stray cats out of the yard by watching them and then just going up the fence like they did
he.gif
. The only fence that will seriously deter a beagle is solid wood or a rock wall taller than they can jump.

Quote:
Problem is that the area its getting in from is thick brush and can't really fix the fence there. I'm worried that even if we have a fence for the chickens right now that the dog would dig under the fence.

I'm going to shoot a email closer rescue. Maybe they can help me with ideas of trapping because of the poops my mom has been finding has me thinking that this is definitely not a first time visit and the dog wouldn't be caught by my mother. It ran off home while still trying to poop in our yard

Back
Top Bottom