Stupid people anyway! HELP!

Yeah they made off with about 10 Citron d'Uccles, 10 Mille Fleur d'Uccles, 5 Porcelain d'Uccles, 2 bantam Silver Duckwing Game roosters, 6 American Game hens, 2 Japanese Phoenix roosters and 2 hens, 6 Delaware Hens, 6 Barnevelder hens, 6 Ameraucana hens, 6 RIR hens, and about two dozen various chicks. Had to have been LATE saturday night as no neighbors seem to recall anything unusual happening.

All I know is that whoever did this better seriously hope I don't catch them before the 5-0's do.

You should call the police. Not to mention them being your chickens, that group was probably quite valuable. The least you should get is compensation from somewhere. I would keep an eye out for them in ads, etc. I hope it turns out OK!

Last edited:
Sounds like someone who knew what they were doing and weren't into it for a Labor Day BBQ. That probably means they are either going to keep them for themselves or sell them--keep an eye on Craig's List and at local poultry auctions. I'd definitely report it, however, since the birds you described are valuable.

Quote:
2x

Someone actually KNEW of the breeds you have. Better retrace your steps on the people that visited your farm or someone has access to your address for those type of birds.

That's horrible! It sounds like it may have taken more than one person to steal that big a flock. In addition to calling the police, having the SNAP-ON Side Cutters fingerprinted, and contacting SNAP-ON to have them notify area reps to keep an eye out for Side Cutter orders, I would set up a hidden game camera, just in case the culprits come back! So sorry for your loss! I hope you find out who did this!! I would be sitting outside with my Glock or a 30-06, waiting for them to return!

Bummer.... Sorry for your loss and this sort of thing happens more than one would think.

Friend of mine had egg production slow way down about a year ago in Mesa, turned out to be a homeless guy. Started out with a couple and no one really noticed, then he started selling them to his buddies and had to take more.... Busted by camera while Steve was at work, next day he and a Sherriff officer shared coffee and doughnuts until they guy showed up
pop.gif

When you report to the police, emphasize that they are rare breed show chickens and very valuable. Otherwise they might just shrug because they are "just chickens"

Wow, dirty theives. Not only would I watch CL, but I would post they were stolen on CL, put up posters in the feed stores if they let you and also call the auctions and let them know they were stolen and see if they would contact you if they see any come through. And of course call the police/sheriff. If you can get an estimate for the value of the flock. It may be helpful because a policeman/sheriff may not realize the value involved and it may matter as to how they classify the theft.

Back
Top Bottom